Saints Chargers and Saints in the mix for CB Chris Harris per Calvin Watkins {edit: reportedly signing with Chargers} (1 Viewer)

No complaints. There is a big difference right now between the saints and chargers.

Harris Jr. went for the money. Nothing wrong with that.

lol, maybe we aren't a hot attractive destination like we thought we are. This has been one too many times where a player we like chooses a different team

Something's odd about all of it.

lol, maybe we aren't a hot attractive destination like we thought we are. This has been one too many times where a player we like chooses a different team

Normally, the reason is money.

Nothing wrong with a guy like Harris picking money over wins. He is 31 and likely his last chance to break the bank.

The saints, even when you don't feel like it, have a 3 consecutive playoff roster. We don't need to overspend for anyone.

Normally, the reason is money.

Nothing wrong with a guy like Harris picking money over wins. He is 31 and likely his last chance to break the bank.

The saints, even when you don't feel like it, have a 3 consecutive playoff roster. We don't need to overspend for anyone.

True. But, let's wait and see the money he got.

Something's odd about all of it.
It’s not that. It’s that the saints do not overpay. We never win a player who has like 4 suitors. We get involved thinking maybe these guys just want to play on a winner but that doesn’t happen

I'm imagining Lattimore and Janoris on the outside, and Harris covering the slot. But I'm also a dreamer and heavy drinker.

BLAHAHA.

CB- Marshon Lattimore
CB- Janoris Jenkins
NCB- Chris Harris
DCB- Patrick Robinson
Random 5th CB/safety- Chauncey Gardner-Johnson
SS- Malcolm Jenkins
FS- Marcus Williams

I mean...who wouldn't want that secondary? But it doesn't seem like a very good allocation of resources. If the Saints are legitamately considering Harris...which they probably are considering that they were interested at last year's trade deadline...and they get Malcolm Jenkins, I would expect the following:

CB- Marshon Lattimore
CB- Chris Harris
NCB- Chauncey Gardner-Johnson
DCB- Patrick Robinson
SS- Malcolm Jenkins
FS- Marcus Williams

If Marcus Williams bombs...you move CGJ to the 2nd safety spot and slide Patrick Robinson into the slot. That would still be plenty enough for our secondary. We could even draft a late mid-to-late round CB...as this is a pretty deep CB class.

If the Saints do allocate all of those resources to the secondary, I'm going to wonder why they didn't do more to improve our LB corp, which has been a weakness for years.

Last edited:
BLAHAHA.

CB- Marshon Lattimore
CB- Janoris Jenkins
NCB- Chris Harris
DCB- Patrick Robinson
Random 5th CB/safety- Chauncey Gardner-Johnson
SS- Malcolm Jenkins
FS- Marcus Williams

I mean...who wouldn't want that secondary? But it doesn't seem like a very good allocation of resources. If the Saints are legitamately considering Harris...which they probably are considering that they were interested at last year's trade deadline...and they get Malcolm Jenkins, I would expect the following:

CB- Marshon Lattimore
CB- Chris Harrison
NCB- Chauncey Gardner-Johnson
DCB- Patrick Robinson
SS- Malcolm Jenkins
FS- Marcus Williams

If Marcus Williams bombs...you move CGJ to the 2nd safety spot and slide Patrick Robinson into the slot. That would still be plenty enough for our secondary. We could even draft a late mid-to-late round CB...as this is a pretty deep CB class.

If the Saints do allocate all of those resources to the secondary, I'm going to wonder why they didn't do more to improve our LB corp, which has been a weakness for years.

Nevermind...Harris is gone.

Isn't it interesting how we are players with lots of good free agents who can improve our team but we get outbid every time?

Nevermind...Harris is gone.

Isn't it interesting how we are players with lots of good free agents who can improve our team but we get outbid every time?

Because we are not in a position to compete.

Meh... not tripping at all... we may have dodged a bullet. Someone on NFL network did a film breakdown on him to show he is basically a zone corner and gets destroyed when trying to play man... we don't need another Eli Apple type. I never followed this guy or knew much about him but after watching that film we may be better off with jackrabbit :very-happy:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom