Chargers' fans are upset about the Saints.. (1 Viewer)

msmith

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
...ranked higher then their team. This is a very interesting thread because you can find some homers and some objective fans. Great discussion.

some are total homers, which is expected, some make good arguments on both sides. A couple of years ago we weren't even in their league, so i like the fact that there's even an argument.

Oh and I'd take DBreez and dem Saints!!!

I wish power rankings would just go away. They are totally meaningless and it is totally stupid to fight over these rankings on the internet.

It seems most of the people are pretty level headed. Only a few that were way out in the weeds. That one poster named Charge! needs to watch a few games before he makes his comments. He wouldn't look so foolish.

I don't think their biggest hang-up is powerpolls.

Those guys are stuck in the Mother-of-All 'Brooks/Delhomme'ish dramas. Crops up in various threads every couple days. Slightly different circumstances, but nauseating all the same.

I am wondering how much game planning coach Peyton allows the players to involve. Two years ago Brees handed Marty an offensive plan to play against the Raiders on the Holloween day the greatest rout happened against the Raiders in the recent history.

I think more of them are upset because of how well Brees is doing. Even though Rivers is playing pretty well IMO he has not been challenged like Brees has -- and Brees has come through. Pure case of sour grapes

Most people I have talked to here in San Diego are openly communicative about how the feel about Brees. They love him and wish he wouldnt have gone.
Saints vs. Cleveland
Falcons vs. Saints
Eagles vs. Saints
Ravens vs. Saints

Theres obvioulsy an interest in the Saints if 3 games have been picked to air in this area. People here secretly routing for the Saints!

To be fair to their board, there are a few, not most, fans that couldn't stand Drew's success. That is just pettiness. I think the Saints' fans, after what they went thru last year on and off the field, have gained a better perspective in football and life. Remember, only small people worry small things, and football ranking is very very small issue in life.

I wish power rankings would just go away. They are totally meaningless and it is totally stupid to fight over these rankings on the internet.

I just realized this year how many different power ratings there were.

Worthless indeed.

speaking of Chargers...........

Does anyone else laugh to themselves when they see the Merriman Dance where he cocks his arms frantically after a tackle.

He looks like he's on juice when he does that stuff.

The sad part is you have to test positive 4 times before they make a suspension. (Damn those strict NFL rules)

Pretty interesting. I think most of them were very reasonable. The consensus clearly was that Saints are ranked higher because they deserve to be. Only a couple were actually "upset" that the Saints were higher.

I thought the most interesting post was the guy who said that if the Saints beat the Ravens it will be because Brees remembers all the plays the Chargers ran when they "dominated" the Ravens. If the Saints beat the Ravens, the guy said, "Brees will thank the Chargers' playbook calling on this one..."

Pretty funny. I don't think this guy realizes how complex the NFL is.

Wait until we have their MLB suiting up as a Saint!

Think that will happpen next year.

Tis what I think...

grapes-print.jpg

Attachments

• grapes-print.jpg
    grapes-print.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom