Chargers may not be in L.A. for long (1 Viewer)

The Chargers are 4-2. Qualcomm would be stuffed if they were still here in San Diego. The city is voting for the future of the site of the stadium in November. It will either be a westward expansion of SDSUs campus with a small stadium with 30-40k capacity or a shopping area with a stadium being built to support an MLS team. As both an SDSU alum and a supporter of soccer, I don't know which way to go.

The Chargers are 4-2. Qualcomm would be stuffed if they were still here in San Diego. The city is voting for the future of the site of the stadium in November. It will either be a westward expansion of SDSUs campus with a small stadium with 30-40k capacity or a shopping area with a stadium being built to support an MLS team. As both an SDSU alum and a supporter of soccer, I don't know which way to go.
How were the Chargers drawing while in San Diego? I may have picked a bad week but when I flew for the Saints game, it was clearly overtaken by Saints fans. And the citizens there were largely indifferent towards the team.

The team wasn't drawing in St. Louis. That city is a Cardinals town.

Better being a 2nd fiddle in St. Louis than the 3rd/4th fiddle in Los Angeles. Like the Chargers in San Diego, a lot of fans in St. Louis stopped going after the constant threat of relocation if Kroenke didn’t get his way and not have to foot the bill for a new stadium, when he turned around and paid for a new stadium anyway after moving the team. The fans in St. Louis realized even if they would’ve paid for a stadium, he was still going to find any way out of St. Louis that he could.

Had they not moved and had the same recent success, the Edward Jones Dome or whatever it’s called would be packed all the same as it’s been in L.A.

Better being a 2nd fiddle in St. Louis than the 3rd/4th fiddle in Los Angeles. Like the Chargers in San Diego, a lot of fans in St. Louis stopped going after the constant threat of relocation if Kroenke didn’t get his way and not have to foot the bill for a new stadium, when he turned around and paid for a new stadium anyway after moving the team. The fans in St. Louis realized even if they would’ve paid for a stadium, he was still going to find any way out of St. Louis that he could.

Had they not moved and had the same recent success, the Edward Jones Dome or whatever it’s called would be packed all the same as it’s been in L.A.
The Rams were really L.A.'s team. They were there from 1946 to around the mid 90s. If any team stole a franchise, it was St. Louis when the Rams first relocated to St. Louis.
Personally, I think the Rams will be successful in L.A. in the long term. I can't say that for the Chargers.
The only reason the Chargers are in L.A. is so CBS can have a hold on the market.

How were the Chargers drawing while in San Diego? I may have picked a bad week but when I flew for the Saints game, it was clearly overtaken by Saints fans. And the citizens there were largely indifferent towards the team.

Mostly Military fans or hardcore locals. That’s why they will never go back to San Diego. Most of the military don’t make enough to attend games and would rather watch their hometeam at a bar anyways.in other words. The owner of the chargers just followed the money.

San Diegans don’t want the team unless they change owners.

I’m kind of glad it’s playing out the way it is. Just a tiny bit more incentive for owners to try to make things work where they are.

Two teams in one city, not working?

18040767.gif

The Chargers need to rent every available billboard in San Diego and post “We’re sorry! We made a horrible mistake, Please take us back.” Then personally call every season ticket holder and do the same.

They need to move back to San Diego immediately before they further embarrass themselves. They are the third wheel on the Rams’ date with LA.

LA obviously doesn’t want them. I don’t think they have ever even sold out their 27,000 seat stadium. Nickleback, arguably the worst band in the world, could probably fill that stadium.

There is a big difference between wanting to adopt a child and being forced to take care of one.
This is sort of how I imagine the situation was when both of these franchises drove into L.A.

Good. They should be in San Diego.

I'll forever refer to them as the San Diego Chargers. it's where they had the most success as a franchise. And I miss the Coryell-era uniforms :)

As for the Rams, same thing, really. There seemed to be more Saints fans than Rams fans during last year's game. I know this from the photos posted in this site and from how loud it was each time Kamara touched the ball. Too bad Lattimore missed that one; we'd have won.

Last edited:
Why would anyone choose to support the Chargers in LA?

If I lived in LA, I would be a Rams fan. They’re the better team and they’re the flagship for LA.

Imagine if the saints left and after many years, they came back but then the Falcons also moved here.
Why would anyone support the Falcons here?
Same story in LA

Why would anyone choose to support the Chargers in LA?

If I lived in LA, I would be a Rams fan. They’re the better team and they’re the flagship for LA.

Imagine if the saints left and after many years, they came back but then the Falcons also moved here.
Why would anyone support the Falcons here?
Same story in LA
I'm still trying to figure out why some people in NYC choose the Jets over Giants.

I call for contraction and say disband the Chargers, redistribute the talent, and incrementally improve the quality of the other rosters in the league.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom