Charles Barkley was reportedly offered the Monday Night Football job . . . and turned it down (1 Viewer)

I think that is the best almost-horrible news I've ever heard.

The worst almost-horrible news was earlier today when I found out Kevin James will be playing Sean Payton. (What keeps it from being horrible horrible is that at least it's about the Saints)

I suppose I don’t follow Barkley enough to notice his bad takes. I know he is outspoken, and more caricature than analyst, so perhaps they wanted him to fill dead time with some commentary.
That's what I was thinking.

But I'm afraid that ABC was trying to go down the same road they did with Dennis Miller...which didn't work out well.

I don't blame them for trying to hire him. Make fun of him all you want, but NBA on TNT is honestly the best national sports show and it's not even close. He would have been a huge draw.

Huge draw and he's hilarious. He says some controversial things but he's also very intelligent and a lot of his "stupidity" is an act to get laughs. I remember seeing him talk football sometimes on college shows when Auburn was relevant and he did have some football IQ, he would have been a big upgrade in the "Booger" role.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom