Charles Davis Mock Draft 4.0 (2 Viewers)

This is a very good scenario. It put's Hicks permanently at end. And we would have an insane rotation inside with Bunkley and Star. Vilma would certainly eat this up because between Star, Bunkly, and Hicks 2nd level blocking would be few and far between.

Hmm, I would not be upset with Star but I am not as enamored with him as some people are. I think he's a very good prospect but I also think he's been a tad overrated. That said, if the draft fell as Davis has it, I could see Tennessee or San Diego taking him. The Chargers, in particular, could really use a NT assuming that all of the top 3 tackles are off the board. So, of course, if he was there at #15, the Saints have to consider him at the least and if we take him hope that he can play with the consistency/intensity that can hopefully make him our version of Haloti Ngata.

Star can fall to 15... I think the Titans and Chargers are the only ones that may take him.

Tampa can as well because I don't think they'll take a TE there when they can get either the Stanford TE or the Escobar kid in the 2nd. Pairing Star with Gerald McCoy would be scary though.

Any chance Ogletree actually drops that far? I would love to trade back for a 2nd round pick and still be able to grab him late in the 1st.

I doubt Star falls to us at 15, but I'd be doing cartwheels if it worked out this way.
So, let's say Star does fall to #15. And the only player that, let's say SF, will trade up for is Star (a reasonable assumption imo); and on the draft value chart the Saints pick at #15 is worth SF's picks #1 (31), #2 (61), #3 (93), and #5 (150)...do the Saints pull the trigger?

Personally, I think the answer is yes.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom