Charles Grant as a DT? (1 Viewer)

CajunSaint66

You Know My Name!!!!
Reaction score
I believe 2-3 years ago Charles Grant was playing some DT with Will Smith and Darren Howard as the DEs.

With the signing of DE Bobby McCray, could we see this happening?

Yes. He did it last year also. Its nothing new. He'll play DT on some obvious passing down situations.

Who in here believes that Grant could be a perminant DT??

I think he could be a really good one, but hes also good at end....

I would not be surprised if Grant started out as a situational DT and eventually became the permanent starter. He has the size and strength to hold up inside. A lot would depend on the draft.

I believe 2-3 years ago Charles Grant was playing some DT with Will Smith and Darren Howard as the DEs.

Darren Howard played some DT right after we signed Will Smith, not Grant.

Howard wasn't very enthusiastic about it however, he had just been franchise tagged and was concerned about his stats for a long-term deal. Grant, having already gotten his long-term deal, should be significantly more accommodating.

We have about 3 dozen threads on this you may want to check out, a lot of people have voiced a lot of different and interesting opinions.

Darren Howard was dropping into DT, not Charles Grant. Howard hated it.

ive seen him line up at DT several times,,dont seem effective there to me

I seriously doubt he has the strength to be a dominate DT. In certain situations we'll see him there, but not permanently.

Imagination and././////////////////////////

Attachments

• Fro-Hat.jpg
    Fro-Hat.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 3
I'll tell ya this right now.. after watching the Giants totally disrupt/dismantle the Patriots offense in the Super Bowl I wouldn't doubt if a LOT of teams brought out a 3-DE pass rush vs. pass happy teams like New England.. If anything the Giants showed how speed can murder a timing offense.. Now, I also believe that Payton probably watched the game too and figured "hey, we got a DE that "could" be a DT in passing situations (Grant), so let's go get us a DE that can bring heat and get all 3 of'm on the field at the same time".. Think about it for a second, how exactly did the Saints get beat last year ?? Answer= through the air they got absolutely raped!! and why ?? because the opposing QB had all friggin' day to throw.. and why ?? zero pass rush !!.. So yes, I could see Grant moving into a DT-type position to bring additional heat, he's a big boy that can bring it.. now you add McCray & Smith to the equation and (at least on paper, camp will be the tell-tale) you've got a formidable pass rush that won't give opposing QB's much time to get rid of the rock.. The Giants "blueprinted" how to stop N.E., I think other teams (including the Saints) have taken notice.

NWSaint.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom