charles grant on espn news (1 Viewer)

Big Jase

Purveyor of snark
Reaction score
football friday program riiiight now. looks overweight. he's talking about playing dt in rush packages with smith and mccray at the ends. my feeling is that last year grant and smith were asked to bulk up to play the run better. with better lb's behind them, I feel both guys need to get a little lighter to regain their quickness. jmho, though...

Grant isn't the first guy who said the Saints front office asked them to bulk up...I remember Dwight Smith said they made him play 10-15lbs heavier than he wanted to play.

true. mccray will give us more punch than renaldo wynn did last year.

I seriously doubt the front office told these guys to bulk up...I think these guys just got bigger from yrs in the league, it happens.

All I know is that he is still capable of chasing a QB out of bounds for a loss. He is deceptively fast. Id like to see him as RB on goaline given his experience in highschool and breaking H. Walker's records and all.

Grant isn't the first guy who said the Saints front office asked them to bulk up...I remember Dwight Smith said they made him play 10-15lbs heavier than he wanted to play.

Grant never said that.

Its our speculation that they asked him to bulk up...we were horrible against the run and then both DE's became enlarged....but it was never clarified by any personnel or player.

For anyone who missed it last night it is re-airing on ESPN NEWS right now, Have not talked to Grant yet but they are talking about all teams in the NFC South talking bout the yucs right now

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom