Charlotte Police Shooting of Keith Lamont Scott. Let us discuss! (1 Viewer)

Just think if they would have released the video immediately like Tulsa PD did none of this may have happened . What a stupid law.

Or people could get the facts first and then protest if need be. But no fun in that is there?

When you protest over a cop killing a man pointing a gun at the cop, that kind of diminishes your point. There are more protest here then when that cop shot the black man sitting in the middle of the street with the mental patient.

What ever happened to the "right to be left alone"? It's one that's technically not enshrined in our Bill of Rights, but I thought it meant a lot to us as a society.

It appears to be a fact that this guy had a gun. Maybe we will eventually see the video. But is it not even relevant anymore that this is NOT the guy the cops were serving a warrant on? It's odd to me that the most supporters of the right to "stand your ground" and the right to be free from big government interference don't feel that way when someone who happens to be black is being wrongly accosted by police. When you strip this down to its bare essentials, what it sounds like is "Leave me alone, but keep a close eye on them."

I do not know whether this shooting was justified or not, but neither does anyone else based on the facts we have to go on now. "Black guy has gun, cops feel threatened" is not the end of the factual analysis as far as I'm concerned. This line of thinking is a problem.

As for this protest, I doubt most of the people breaking the law actually care about this specific instance. Realistically most are poor and angry and use it as an opportunity to vent. I'm not excusing the behavior, just saying that it shouldn't reflect on the reality of this particular police shooting.

Pretty sure looting businesses and destroying property is not the right way to go about protesting. looks to me like an excuse to get out and break the law these folks for the most part obviously care nothing about the situation that transpired they only want reason to go out and break the law in Mass. And fact of the matter is statistics say more white males are killed by cops Across major cities than black males look it up.

"Onlookers cheered as a masked man shattered a hotel window while another one hurled rocks through it. Others spray-painted "Black Lives Matter" on business windows and smashed car windows.
"I was right in the thick of it," witness Zach Locke said. "People found whatever objects they could to break glasses. It was madness."
Some stores were looted, including the Charlotte Hornets' NBA store, local media reported.

Freelance photographer Marcus DiPaola told CNN he saw some people knock over an ATM and grab money from it.

The Hyatt House Hotel in downtown went into lockdown as protesters tossed bricks through the window. A valet and front desk attendant were punched in the face by protesters, hotel manager Matt Allen told CNN."

Good job #BLM. Way to really further the cause. I attended a class a couple of week ago exposing the fallacy of the movement and this, plus the fact it was a justified shoot further cements it.

Pretty sure looting businesses and destroying property is not the right way to go about protesting. looks to me like an excuse to get out and break the law these folks for the most part obviously care nothing about the situation that transpired they only want reason to go out and break the law in Mass. And fact of the matter is statistics say more white males are killed by cops Across major cities than black males look it up.

Anytime a cop has to pull his gun now, this is what you're gonna get. The media and our community agitator have made sure of that.

Wait, so the video shows the guy had a gun and not a book? Where did the story of a book come from?

Protest...I don't think that word means what you think it means.

It was a riot, MSM...a RIOT. Quit playing word gymnastics and report news. STOP THE SPIN. I look around this board and see them parroting you and it truly is painful to the soul.

If you watched CNN last night after midnight you also noticed white people protesting as well. I think they may have been protesting HB2. Boy is North Carolina a happy place right now.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/b_eoLsghu6k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Al Jazeera report on the incident.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Protest...I don't think that word means what you think it means.

It was a riot, MSM...a RIOT. Quit playing word gymnastics and report news. STOP THE SPIN. I look around this board and see them parroting you and it truly is painful to the soul.

Tulsa protest remained peaceful because community got involved. Something that has not happened in Charlotte.

Oklahoma protests stay peaceful in wake of Tulsa shooting | KFOR.com

We’re angry. I mean, don’t get me wrong. We’re angry here in Oklahoma just like everywhere else, and we should be,” said Pastor Theodis Manning.

Manning is the pastor of the Divine Wisdom Worship Center in Midwest City.

He said, despite the anger, he’s encouraging his congregation to be peaceful.

He said answering violence with violence never works and churches all over the metro are taking a proactive stance.

“We got churches having town hall meetings with law enforcement and city and state officials, I mean, all over the city,” Manning said.

“Everything’s not perfect, but the efforts are being made,” said Clarence Hill, Jr. with Stronger Together OKC.

His group promotes peace, unity and seeking ways to ease racial tension.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom