Charting the Offensive and Defensive Lines vs Patriots (1 Viewer)

TBK

Pro-Bowler
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
Good afternoon Saints Report! I'm charting how the Saints offensive and defensive lines performed against the Patriots and plan to do this weekly.

I'm recording how often every lineman wins, loses, or stalls out (giving nor gaining ground) on every snap of the game. It gives an idea of who's producing, who's strugglig, and who's not really contributing.

You can read my review of the offensive line play here, and the defensive line's performance here.

Thanks for reading!

CitySaint

SR is my life!
Reaction score
Good stuff. It will be something to see the risers and those that fall from week to week during preseason. Obviously, the players like Unger will have consistency throughout the preseason.

Swampy Saint

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Good afternoon Saints Report! I'm charting how the Saints offensive and defensive lines performed against the Patriots and plan to do this weekly.

I'm recording how often every lineman wins, loses, or stalls out (giving nor gaining ground) on every snap of the game. It gives an idea of who's producing, who's strugglig, and who's not really contributing.

You can read my review of the offensive line play here, and the defensive line's performance here.

Thanks for reading!
Both articles are excellent write ups, TBK.

Thank you for taking the time to watch and rewatch every play to give us an easy to understand scoring system.

I'm looking forward to your analysis after each preseason game. It would be a nice way to put a metric that we all can use to predict who the starters should be.

Man, I sure hope Onyamata develops quickly. We're going to really need him this year.

mrwhodat

Saintiac
VIP Contributor
Reaction score

Thanks for reading!
Great stuff, man. Did CSC have some type of makeover? Seems like they got more content these days...

BooBirdSaint

Super Forum Fanatic
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Basically, reading that just re-enforces my concerns at LG. Lelito and Senio are just serviceable and we shouldn't expect any great leap in skill or execution from these two this season. Maybe we should try Allen at Left Guard?

Saint of Killers

Formerly "WhoDatHank"
Reaction score
Interesting take. Thanks for the research. Hopefully Turner will continue to improve. I really want him and Jack Allen to make this roster.

CitySaint

SR is my life!
Reaction score
Basically, reading that just re-enforces my concerns at LG. Lelito and Senio are just serviceable and we shouldn't expect any great leap in skill or execution from these two this season. Maybe we should try Allen at Left Guard?
Both Lelito and Kelemete have been disappointing. 27 and 26 years old they are what they are. If we trade for a starting guard or one of the other reserves shows a reasonable capacity to start, those two will be in a battle for a roster spot and I could see one the them not making the roster.

GilFinnerty

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score

Thanks for reading!
Excellent info for the fans. Question curious on what is considered win/loss is it just opinion?

Reaction score
Both Lelito and Kelemete have been disappointing. 27 and 26 years old they are what they are. If we trade for a starting guard or one of the other reserves shows a reasonable capacity to start, those two will be in a battle for a roster spot and I could see one the them not making the roster.
At least Kelemete can serve as a reserve at center.

It wouldn't take a guard with very much talent to be an upgrade at LG. It's been a weakness for years...and continued to put bandaids on this hemorrhage.

whosyadaddy

Bleed Black & Gold
Reaction score
At least Kelemete can serve as a reserve at center.

It wouldn't take a guard with very much talent to be an upgrade at LG. It's been a weakness for years...and continued to put bandaids on this hemorrhage.
Jack Allen says hello

KtoLV

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Zach struggles with speed rushers. Another saints great OT Willie Roaf also struggled with speed guys. Roaf is in the HOF. People like to bash Zach a lot. I'm not saying that Zach is as good as Willie, but Zach is a good player imho.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Dan in Lafayette Sean Payton Talks Offensive Strategy, Week 2 prep | Saints at Raiders Week 2 2020 SR News Page Articles 0
Dan in Lafayette Jared Cook on Jon Gruden, Saints Offensive Depth | Saints at Raiders Week 2 2020 SR News Page Articles 0
Dan in Lafayette WATCH: Baldy's Breakdowns highlights Saints offensive line vs. Bucs SR News Page Articles 0
Poll Which Offensive Player would you like to see more of in coming weeks Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 30
Taker597 Offensive line didn't get 4 preseason games to gel and missing its 1st round rookie. Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 37
rsmith2783 Questions regarding the Offensive Line Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 13
Former Saints defensive lineman Derland Moore dead at 68 after battle with cancer Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Andrus New Orleans Saints defensive success on third down must improve SR News Page Articles 0
Saints' snap counts: A look at the wide receivers, general defensive snaps against Raiders Saints RSS News Feeds 0
How the Saints defensive line rotations performed in week one Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Bill N/S *Carolina at Tampa Bay* Brady is torching that Panthers defensive secondary. Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 65
Is the Saints defensive line primed for a big 2020? 'We could be special' Saints RSS News Feeds 0
guidomerkinsrules what's the new defensive celebration? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 18
Andrus PFF: C.J. Gardner-Johnson led the NFL's defensive backs in Week 1 stops SR News Page Articles 0
Taker597 Honestly, it was a really underrated defensive/special team showcase that helped a rusty offense. Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 22