Charting the Offensive Line vs Texans (1 Viewer)

I would keep Peat at RG. Seriously. Let the man stay there and get better at one position already. They're totally screwing this guy's brain up.

Try everyone available at LG. What happened to Kelemete? He did pretty well at LG last year.
At the very least, I'd give Turner a shot with the starters at LG.
That was an eye opening article. Armstead, Turner, Unger,Peat, Strief in that order. This way both Peat and Turner are anchored on either side with pro-bowl caliber talent (ok, so Zach is backsliding). I would like to see this lineup next Friday.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

I wonder if people really understand what it means for an offensive lineman to "lose" some seem to translate it just as being pushed backwards. And in run blocking, you have a point. I really didn't notice Andrus Peat playing all that bad. A few times he got out of position and had poor footwork, but when he's set, when he gets his hands on someone? He did well. Except for Clowney, but me thinks Clowney is a bit much for all except Terron Armstead, our awesome LT whom science cannot explain.

That people are overreacting. A lot. One way or another, this is going to end up being a good OL. We have consistently had good O-lines since SP became coach. With the same exact players last year, it was a good line. So I really don't understand why everybody's freaking out.
You are talking just about pass blocking.

They've done a good job of keeping Brees clean enough to shine over the years. But at times (Aged and injured Jonathan Goodwin, Charles Brown, periods last year) we have given up too much pressure which led to turnovers and lost games. They've usually corrected or schemed enough to keep the offense on track.

Running game other than Nicks/Evans heyday has been inconsistent and bottom half of league.

Good to know Peat wasn't the problem, I really wanna believe in him. What's the story with Eulls? Is he still on the team? I guess that experimented didn't go well

The guys I know who are NFL players, UDFAs trying to get into the NFL, trainers and coaches all said the same thing flush last year, ""Our O-line sucks." Neither of our guards are starting caliber and Steif is only their cause SP loves him and his leadership. Unless we fix this by miracle, Brees will get killed and our running game will be lame.

On the good side, with the defense getting better, all we need is one good draft and one good FA and O-line could be good again.

Allen should make this team for insurance of Unger leaves. And Im almost certain he will. He still playing at all pro level,,and he has always been a west coast guy,,he will sign with someone closer to home. Turner is your RG. He will grade out solidly and his defecnies you can live with cause he knows how to compensate for them in most scenerios

The guys I know who are NFL players, UDFAs trying to get into the NFL, trainers and coaches all said the same thing flush last year, ""Our O-line sucks." Neither of our guards are starting caliber and Steif is only their cause SP loves him and his leadership. Unless we fix this by miracle, Brees will get killed and our running game will be lame.

On the good side, with the defense getting better, all we need is one good draft and one good FA and O-line could be good again.
Just noting the way Payton works over the last decade...Strief is one where I see the likelihood they hold too long, do everything they can to give him assists and keep him on the field due to loyalty.

It might even hurt the offense some but I fear Payton will hold on and not make a change until either Strief retires, or it's just too painfully obvious it's time sit, like when he had the come to Jesus moment on Charles Brown.

The Jonathan Goodwin experience (2nd go round) suggests this.

Just noting the way Payton works over the last decade...Strief is one where I see the likelihood they hold too long, do everything they can to give him assists and keep him on the field due to loyalty.

It might even hurt the offense some but I fear Payton will hold on and not make a change until either Strief retires, or it's just too painfully obvious it's time sit, like when he had the come to Jesus moment on Charles Brown.

The Jonathan Goodwin experience (2nd go round) suggests this.

Did anyone see Strief get beaten against Houston? I didn't. Strief got beaten a few times last year, and I keep seeing posts saying he's a liability. Strief is not a problem. Strief, Armstead and Unger will all do their jobs. My only concerns are at guard.

Look, there's no sugar coating it. The O line play against Houston was putrid, and if this level of play continues we will not have a winning season. The Lelito experiment needs to end, and Peat needs to be given all remaining reps at RG. We're stuck with Strief for another year. Next year, the FO needs to find a couple of really good O linemen either in the draft or FA or both.

The article was pretty good at giving a close account of what I saw after re-watching the game . I think Peat starts at RG this yr and makes the transition to RT next yr , a pretty natural transition . Better to stay on the same side even if you change positions

I rewatched the game last night, and I noticed that the pancake of Strief was actually a trip. Peat tripped Strief with his right foot as Strief was backing up. I believe Strief played well, however I did notice that he doesn't push dlinemen back, however I also don't see him getting beaten. Fast guys try to run around him, but he usually effectively pushes them wide of the QB.

Also, I think I've been too hard on Lelito. Lelito actually looked good when Unger was in the game for the first few series, but had a lot of bad plays when Allen came in. There was one block that particularly impressed me where Lelito was using one arm to help Peat and simultaneously using his other arm to help Unger. The 2 dlinemen were blocked to the ground by Peat, Lelito and Unger. I also saw multiple plays where Lelito engaged and pushed back 2 different players during run blocks as he released from the first one he pushed back to engage on a second. Now I'm wondering if Allen is making the wrong calls, and it makes it look like it was Lelito's fault.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom