Chase and the Pistol (1 Viewer)

nelopiceral1

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
The few times we've seen Chase Daniel play, he's established that he's pretty good at running with the ball when he doesn't see a clear passing option. He's pretty stocky (read: able to take a hit). I'm not at all suggesting we create packages for him to run the read option, because a) we saw how that didn't work in NY, and b) when you've got Drew Brees you NEVER take that dude off the field. However, assuming he leaves in free agency to find work with another team, I wonder if the new 'mobile quarterback' fad will pump up his stock. I wasn't familiar with him in college so I don't know if he did any read option stuff, but I think he could totally be one of those Russell Wilson type dudes. I think now with the success of Cam, Wilson, and RG3, teams will be more willing to make that part of the gameplan.

This might end up being the best possible year for Daniel to become a free agent. He's just studied under one of the greatest QBs ever in the passing game and shown that he can run the ball too, right after the explosion of a new running QB fad, and serendipitously in a year with an abysmal QB draft class. He might just get his big break. Good luck to him.

Very good idea if we ever lose Brees. Otherwise, I leave it in Brees hand....maybe pull something like that out in the next Super Bowl.

Let me state that again...in no way am I suggesting the Saints should run the Pistol or even for one play take the ball out of Drew's $100 million hands. I'm just stating that Daniel could probably do the read option thing for another team and that it'll be interesting to see if that helps him find a job in free agency.

About the offseason, yeah you're right dude. At least I didn't start another thread complaining about Goodell. :)

Let me state that again...in no way am I suggesting the Saints should run the Pistol or even for one play take the ball out of Drew's $100 million hands. I'm just stating that Daniel could probably do the read option thing for another team and that it'll be interesting to see if that helps him find a job in free agency.

About the offseason, yeah you're right dude. At least I didn't start another thread complaining about Goodell. :)

good observation but then we have to find another quarterback

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom