Chase Daniel's FB status... (1 Viewer)

He has learned a lot and has a much better chance to start somewhere else, he may get a nice contract from them, we are not going to pay much for a back up , we might look to train the next young guy instead, it's what the Patriots do and if you are lucky you can get draft picks for them like the eagles do.

Do you make a million a year? i would venture to say most people don't. Hurry up and make 100 grand or slow down and make a million.
I do believe that would be the lazy approach. No, I don't make a million a year but if I keep moving up I just might.

He has learned a lot and has a much better chance to start somewhere else, he may get a nice contract from them, we are not going to pay much for a back up , we might look to train the next young guy instead, it's what the Patriots do and if you are lucky you can get draft picks for them like the eagles do.

This is the optimal approach. Weren't the Pat's putting out feelers for a Ryan Mallett trade earlier? Matt Flynn got a huge salary after basically one game, Matt Schaub, Matt Cassell, and Kevin Kolb got their new gigs after one season (granted they all actually played and threw the ball in game time, something Chase has yet to do).

If Chase does leave to go some where else and possibly does become a starter or contributor it would help us in our compensation picks for next year.

so the Brownies are looking at him

Either that or Daniel's agent is friends with Caplan. Caplan has been touting Daniel for several weeks now. Maybe a favor?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>One sleeper free-agent QB to watch - who will draw interest - is New Orleans' Chase Daniel. In right spot, could challenge for starting job.</p>&mdash; Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/309422438876344320">March 6, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

@AdamSchefter: One sleeper free-agent QB to watch - who will draw interest - is New Orleans' Chase Daniel. In right spot, could challenge for starting job.

Man you guys are fast :smilielol:

Im telling you guys, Chase has a shot. Maybe not to be a starter, but he has a shot, thats all you can ask for. This league is starving for a QB, why not bring in a guy who has been tutored by 2 of the best for the last few years and see what he can do?

If I am him, I would look to places like Arizona, Bears (Cutler always injured), Philly, or Oakland.

Id rather keep him as a backup i know he wants to start like any other QB but id rather have him around in case the unthinkable happens

as much as we don't want to mention the "unmentionable", it has to be a concern. we have lucked out with drew's health and lack of injuries while with us.

if the "unthinkable" does happen, it would be unfortunate to have a rookie or someone only in our system for a short while, taking over the reins, as opposed to chase.

with our luck, when we DON'T have a capable backup, is when the unthinkable would happen.

that being said, chase deserves the nod...he has been the jake delhomme of this current regime WITHOUT the controversy...LOL. a good player, just waiting.

If the "unthinkable" happens, I'd almost rather we just stink it up and get a top draft pick then to have a guy come in and lead us to the mediocrity of a 6-10 record or at best a 9-7 record and early playoff exit.

as much as we don't want to mention the "unmentionable", it has to be a concern. we have lucked out with drew's health and lack of injuries while with us.

if the "unthinkable" does happen, it would be unfortunate to have a rookie or someone only in our system for a short while, taking over the reins, as opposed to chase.

with our luck, when we DON'T have a capable backup, is when the unthinkable would happen.

that being said, chase deserves the nod...he has been the jake delhomme of this current regime WITHOUT the controversy...LOL. a good player, just waiting.

I almost get the idea that people assume he is a good player. Has anyone seen enough of him to know? He has not even looked unbeatable against backups in preseason games. I think he can be a pretty good backup, but would be surprised (based only on what we have seen thus far) if he were a quality full time starter. I think some reporters may be jumping on him as the "sleeper" because of his running ability and hoping to be "right" if he is able to get a position and run the spread option. If I were him, I would be hoping for Arizona to give me a look. They have a solid defense, so you do not have to necessarily win games, but more manage them. Also, they play indoors or in a good climate.

They have Schaub and Yates. Why would they want Daniel?

If and that's a big if, Daniel went to the Texans he could beat out both of those guys. Schaub is not that great.

Yates is a decent back up, that's all he'll ever be. Schaub is a decent starter, and that's all he'll ever be, he's not a guy that will lead you to the promise land. Is Chase? Who knows he hasn't played enough yet, but i think he has great potential, and with how teams are so eager to get a good qb, he should definitely get a shot.

To be completely honest if i'm the Texans i'd already have made Schaub a back up or cut ties with him, or found a way to trade him. Along with firing that moron of a head coach they have. But that's me.

Chase just hasnt been resigned yet... I dont see that FB status as an indication that he is leaving...just that he is a free agent so he "technically" is without a home (team).

If and that's a big if, Daniel went to the Texans he could beat out both of those guys. Schaub is not that great.

Yates is a decent back up, that's all he'll ever be. Schaub is a decent starter, and that's all he'll ever be, he's not a guy that will lead you to the promise land. Is Chase? Who knows he hasn't played enough yet, but i think he has great potential, and with how teams are so eager to get a good qb, he should definitely get a shot.

To be completely honest if i'm the Texans i'd already have made Schaub a back up or cut ties with him, or found a way to trade him. Along with firing that moron of a head coach they have. But that's me.

Sorry, but I cannot see where Chase has shown anything to even think he could be better than Yates. Maybe he could, but have seen no indication yet.

Selfishly, I'm concerned about a replacement, if he does go to another team. Are we going to pick up another team's Chase Daniel? With very few draft choices and a draft that is thin on QBs, it would be nice to hold on to him. But someone may roll the dice on him and possibly overpay.

Sorry, but I cannot see where Chase has shown anything to even think he could be better than Yates. Maybe he could, but have seen no indication yet.

Better than Yates? Do you mean Schaub? He hasn't got the chance to prove himself, that's kind of the point. I think if he actually got the shot, he could beat out both of them. Your previous post acted like they were all set at qb, they aren't. Not by a long shot.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom