Chase Daniel's FB status... (1 Viewer)

Matt Moore could be a nice backup QB... better than Sean Canfield or any rookies in this draft class anyway.

I'll miss him. I think he's gone. Guy has a cannon of an arm and has been mentored by Brees the past 4 years. A team will give him a shot. He is better than the prospects coming out of college this year.

he makes closer to 2 mill....thats' unacceptable given our cap situation

find a minimum contract guy, if brees goes down we won't win regardless so why waste money on that contingency......

we have to get a handle on this contract situation, its out of control wiht the way we pay underperforming players, it guess its fitting in a country that can't pass a budget....

I think it means the Saints haven't offered him anything yet. They are still sorting out their cap situation. Even Bushrod isn't totally aware.

This doesn't mean anything other than he's unsure right now.

While I do agree with you about this particular posting by him, I also believe if he got the chance to be picked up and possibly compete for a starting job he would do it in a heartbeat, as he should. He will not get a chance to start here unless something really bad happened and Drew was knocked out for the season.

Adam Schefter&#8207;<S>@</S>AdamSchefter
One sleeper free-agent QB to watch - who will draw interest - is New Orleans' Chase Daniel. In right spot, could challenge for starting job.

I almost get the idea that people assume he is a good player. Has anyone seen enough of him to know? He has not even looked unbeatable against backups in preseason games. I think he can be a pretty good backup, but would be surprised (based only on what we have seen thus far) if he were a quality full time starter. I think some reporters may be jumping on him as the "sleeper" because of his running ability and hoping to be "right" if he is able to get a position and run the spread option. If I were him, I would be hoping for Arizona to give me a look. They have a solid defense, so you do not have to necessarily win games, but more manage them. Also, they play indoors or in a good climate.

i think he can be a starter in the right system. i have seen him make some good timing throws, deep throws and placement throws (throwing to a spot, anticipating the receiver being there) and some bullets on a rope. i have seen him, at different points, make all the NFL throws. he has quick feet (no where near as quick and good footwork as brees, obviously...that is one thing brees never gets the accolades for) but he uses that ability, as brees does, with moving in the pocket and keeping the play alive. he DOES do a good job of keeping his head down field but i think he still needs to use his eyes better. he locks onto a receiver often.

he is a decent running threat, but he has been learning to let his feet work for him as a passer, as brees does. (brees is forgotten about as a running QB with VERY quick feet. in college he did his share of option and boots and keepers. but, he will use that skill set within the pocket to keep looking down field and find a target first.)

i feel the same with chase and the staff felt with brunell. no one was a better option for drews backup due to the knowledge and absorption of the offense and being solid, if not spectacular. anyone new coming in, just couldn't supplant brunell, even with 40 year old knees. a better, more talented qb with more upside, wouldn't be able to supplant daniel this season if he stays, IMHO.

if daniel is gone, then we have no choice and i do hope nothing happens to brees this coming season.

BUT, you never know...sometimes a perfect player in the perfect situation can come along and we are solidified and/or upgraded at backup QB! i trust our staff!

Matt Moore was re-signed by the Dolphins for a 2 year contract worth $8M.

What's interesting is that Moore's contract will pay him almost as much as Ryan Tannehill the next two years (counting his signing bonus he got last year). But his game checks will be significantly more than Tannehill's. Interesting.

So, Chase's market is a bit hotter now.

Good for Chase. If he could go out there and get a couple of million and atleast compete for a starting job then more power to him.

Can't fault the guy for wanting to try and get a starting job somewhere. Especially after learning from Brees for the last few years, I have a feeling someone will give him a try

Matt Moore was re-signed by the Dolphins for a 2 year contract worth $8M.

What's interesting is that Moore's contract will pay him almost as much as Ryan Tannehill the next two years (counting his signing bonus he got last year). But his game checks will be significantly more than Tannehill's. Interesting.

So, Chase's market is a bit hotter now.

They can afford to pay Moore more because of Tannehill's contract. Chase may get a larger contract elsewhere, but I cannot see him as a starter.

I think Daniel will be gone. He wants a shot at starting and I think he'll get it. The knock on him is that he didn't have the arm strength coming out of college. That was the same knock they had on Brees - I guess DB just spent some time in the weight room because it doens't seem to be a problem now. CD's had a few years to do the same.

Honestly any coach that needs a QB would be an idiot not to take a shot at the guy who's been Drew Brees' understudy for a few years.

Good Luck, Chase. I just hope you go to a team that knows how to use you and (ie not the Cardinals or the Jets).

I hope we don't use a pick on a QB. However if we do and Tyler bray still on the board 4th round, I would like to get him.

I see this as a positive for him. He gets to see if there are any opportunities out there for him. If not, he's welcome to sign here.

I honestly think Chase should go he has had a great mentor that taught him everything he needs to know about Football and being the best. I'd hate to root against him if he ever starts against the Saints but he has to go out there and try to make a name for himself and if he does I do wish him well.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom