Chase Daniel's FB status... (1 Viewer)

Guess they will let him seek opportunities to compete. He deserves it.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Guess they will let him seek opportunities to compete. He deserves it.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Probably means he thinks he is worth more or has a shot at starting. He has had one reporter touting him (Caplan maybe) as a potential signing for Cleveland or Buffalo. He is a good backup, but I have seen nothing to warrant a big pay day anywhere.

He deserves a shot to start. I think he has more potential than a lot of the people who started last year. I've been pretty confident that we could win some games with him replacing Drew for a spell.

That said, there was some discussion of new back up QB philosophy on Sirius a while back. With the new regulations regarding head injuries, Pat Kirwin suspected managers would invest more heavily in back ups as it is now a lot easier for your starter to be benched beyond your control. He also thought more people would carry 3rd stringers on the roster and suggested the league allow a roster exemption for a 3rd QB.

Probably means he thinks he is worth more or has a shot at starting. He has had one reporter touting him (Caplan maybe) as a potential signing for Cleveland or Buffalo. He is a good backup, but I have seen nothing to warrant a big pay day anywhere.

He is now 26 years old. Has been a backup his whole career. Here, he will never have an opportunity to start unless he wants to wait until hes around 31. He, just like every QB in the league, just wants that opportunity to start.

I think it means the Saints haven't offered him anything yet. They are still sorting out their cap situation. Even Bushrod isn't totally aware.

This doesn't mean anything other than he's unsure right now.

I haven't seen anything that shows he'd be a good starter anywhere. To be fair the team hasn't had to show much of anything with him because drew is never hurt.

It's a good year to be a Free Agent QB. Chase should get a chance to compete for a starting job. Arizona, Buffalo, NY Jets, and Oakland may be possible landing sites.

I agree, but it's just so hard for me to analyze him. I've only seen him in preseason games playing with 2nd and 3rd stringers in vanilla schemes, or nursing a 20 point lead with 3 min to go in a game.

From what I've seen:

- Solid ball location, not great but good enough.
- Good pocket mobility
- Good escapabilty
- Decent arm talent
- Smart, solid at reading defenses

I mean there is stuff there to work with, but I dont see him as a starter. But I can see him as a solid Matt Moore type of guy who can be a stop gap for a lot of teams. He will never get that chance here though.

A team like the Bills would be smart to look into acquiring him rather than drafting one of the inconsistent QBs high.

He is now 26 years old. Has been a backup his whole career. Here, he will never have an opportunity to start unless he wants to wait until hes around 31. He, just like every QB in the league, just wants that opportunity to start.

If some team is willing to give him that shot, more power to him. I have seen nothing that would indicate he warrants a shot at starting anywhere, but who knows? I would not overpay to bring him back here.

A team like the Bills would be smart to look into acquiring him rather than drafting one of the inconsistent QBs high.

Marrone should have a very good idea of what is he getting if he goes with Chase, but I don't think it will be a perfect fit. To have a chance in Buffalo, you need a cannon of an arm, and that is not Chase's game.

Dont he make like a million dollars a year being Drew's Backup, id nurse that as long as i could

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom