Chase Daniel's most impressive stat. (1 Viewer)

He did exactly what he was drafted to do. If some of these guys who are backup quality go into the league knowing what their career can be as a career backup like Daniel, they should just do it. Frank Reich, Jason Garrett and more recently Kellen Moore have turned backup QB roles into successful coaching careers.

I'm not sure if Daniel wants to go into coaching after playing, but it would be kindof cool if he ended up as a QB coach, then OC of the Saints down the road.

He is the modern era Don Strock. That guy had one of the best tans on the sideline backing up Griese then Marino in Miami. Spent 14 years getting paid for holding a clip board.

Undrafted Saints rookie free agent that took being third string and learning from Brees into second string and a long career in the NFL. He obviously must be a good sounding board for other quarterbacks and gets the off the field stuff right. I would say his best quality is humility to be a lowkey non-threat. Meaning he is good enough to make the coach feel comfortable to have some shot at being competitive if the starter goes down but never good enough to threaten the starter's job, and humble enough to help a young high draft pick. I wonder just how much having a hall of famer like Brees and a solid pro longtime starter in Marc Brunel made that $41 million possible.

Matt Flynn was another guy who made a ton of money to not play football.

Undrafted Saints rookie free agent that took being third string and learning from Brees into second string and a long career in the NFL. He obviously must be a good sounding board for other quarterbacks and gets the off the field stuff right. I would say his best quality is humility to be a lowkey non-threat. Meaning he is good enough to make the coach feel comfortable to have some shot at being competitive if the starter goes down but never good enough to threaten the starter's job, and humble enough to help a young high draft pick. I wonder just how much having a hall of famer like Brees and a solid pro longtime starter in Marc Brunel made that $41 million possible.
He actually was signed by the Redskins as an undrafted free agent. When they cut him the Saints signed him. The rest is History.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom