Chase Daniels - What Do You Think? (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Wow...I must have been sleep at the wheel. Saw his name come up on another thread so I checked the Saints web site and to my surprise, he's on the active roster. I thought he'd be on the practice squad...SP must be pretty high on him to have him on the active roster. So with that said, I have two questions. Has anyone see anything or heard anything about his progress since joining the Saints? After looking at the practice squad, I noticed three very large tackles on the squad...which of the three do you think is most likely to move up the active roster if we continue to have injury issues at left tackle?

Most of us guessed that someone tryed to add him to their active roster and we did so first to avoid losing him.

There was a brief discussion of his progress on WWl earlier this week. Offensive coordinator said he was picking up the system well, but wasn't getting that much work on the field as Brunell usually handles the scout team duties. Also said Payton was aware of him early in his career and when he was coming out in the draft and liked him a lot. That was about it.

Most of us guessed that someone tryed to add him to their active roster and we did so first to avoid losing him.

It turns that Lance Moore is the team's emergency QB. He went down to injury and Brees hurt his shoulder (minor). I don't think Payton liked suddenly being faced with Brunell as the only completely healthy QB on the roster so Daniel was brought up from the PS. At least this was the reasoning given to the press.

I really wished Daniel had been with the team for training camp. Hard to evaluate a guy when he's running the scout team. I liked Daniel coming out of college (he reminded me of Brees in the fact he wasn't prototypical NFL QB sized and did whatever it took to win). The Saints apparently pursued him as an UDFA but he chose to sign with the Skins (why wouldn't he? Who has a more stable QB situation?) I don't think we'll honestly know what they've got in Daniel until next preseason. Camp arm, career backup, QB of the future - the jury's still out......

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom