Chase Thomas Highlight Video (1 Viewer)

BigSaintsFAN9

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
This guy can play, can't believe he didnt get drafted even at the very end like in 7th rouund at least? Maybe that will give him extra motivation to prove everyone wrong for not drafting him!?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/XWRV3AIvRBs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/V4NWVkZRKT4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This guy can play, can't believe he didnt get drafted even at the very end like in 7th rouund at least? Maybe that will give him extra motivation to prove everyone wrong for not drafting him!?

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/XWRV3AIvRBs" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

Totally agree!!! Once again...Another potential UDFA gem!

I read the article about Chase this morning, and why he didn't get drafted is making sense... kinda.

The guy that wrote the article talked to a scout, and the scout said that Chase didn't "test" well... as in his measurables (height, weight, speed). Then he went to the senior bowl and had a bad showing, and the reason was they had him at 4-3 OLB at the Sr Bowl.

So after that many teams apparently took him off their board. Luckily our scouts and Rob Ryan were able to get him to sign with us.

Sometimes its better to go undrafted rather than get taken in the 6th or 7th round. You have full control of your future... I'm glad he chose to play here. Him and Reddick.

What was it, in the Senior Bowl (...they put Chase in a 4-3 defense; most feel he's suited for a 3-4 defense).

That's why many believe he slipped to UDFA in the draft. Oh well... our gain! :evilgrin:

:gosaints:

What's really sick is that about 50% of Chase's hits on the QB would be 15 yard roughing the QB penalties in the NFL.

I read the article about Chase this morning, and why he didn't get drafted is making sense... kinda.

The guy that wrote the article talked to a scout, and the scout said that Chase didn't "test" well... as in his measurables (height, weight, speed). Then he went to the senior bowl and had a bad showing, and the reason was they had him at 4-3 OLB at the Sr Bowl.

So after that many teams apparently took him off their board. Luckily our scouts and Rob Ryan were able to get him to sign with us.

Sometimes its better to go undrafted rather than get taken in the 6th or 7th round. You have full control of your future... I'm glad he chose to play here. Him and Reddick.

While this makes total sense and I hope that it's completely true... about half the NFL now runs 3-4 defenses and should KNOW that there are some guys that don't show well in a 4-3 and are still quality guys. I always thought tape should trump all other things?

And I can understand dropping one round due to disappointing measurables like James Laurinatis and Rey Maualuga did. Both beasts in college and dropped to the second round because of measurables. But to drop completely off of people's boards?

I guess the combination of bad showing in 4-3 with disappointing measurables did it.

So if the guy ends up becoming a major contributor for us, we can thank our lucky stars that it was the Lions' coaching staff doing the Senior Bowl and running their "Wide 9" 4-3 defense. If it was, say, the Packers staff, he might have balled out at the SB and gotten drafted.

One thing about this kid, when he hits QBs they go down. None of that arm tackling crap. I like it. I love it. I would like to see more of it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom