Chat with KC Joyner (1 Viewer)

shrike3000

Holding Out of TC
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Chat with KC Joyner
http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=13577

Here are the Saints related questions so far... ( I will post more if they come up.)

Jason, Conroe TX: What do you think has been Reggie Bush's problem running the ball? How can he fix it?

SportsNation KC Joyner: (4:06 PM ET ) It's just one man's impression but I think that Bush doesn't want the contact. NFL teams are committed to pounding him when he gets the ball and he hasn't adjusted to this. If he doesn't, all he'll end up being is a 3rd down back.

Derrick Work: How can you not include the Saints the the NFC Championship picture? How in the world are the Steelers favored to win this weekend? I don't care if their back is up against the wall.

SportsNation KC Joyner: (4:11 PM ET ) You know who the Saints remind me of at some level? The Patriots team that beat the Rams in the Super Bowl. That team did not have the most talented roster but their coaches got them to play as well as they could. They also had creative playcalling, something that the Saints have in abundance. NO could be the sleeper SB pick in the NFC.

That's exactly who we are.

The 2001-02 Patriots.

Of course, the conspiracy theorists will come out (Pats won because of 9/11, Saints won because of Katrina), but whatever.

Last edited:
I see similiarities between that Patriots team and this Saints team.

But for everyone who complains about the constant references to the Saints "lack of talent on paper". Remember the Patriots were a team of "nobodies" then as well who, shortly thereafter, turned out to be a bunch of somebodies. The "on paper" talent level of guys like Tom Brady, Teddy Bruschi, Damien Woody, etc changed rapidly, and guys like Ty Law, Willie McGinst, etc who were forgotten were rediscovered.

By the middle of the next year it was no longer the "overachieving" Patriots, but "that pretty good football team".

I can see something similiar this year. A lot of people like to say "on paper" the Saints aren't good, but they're rediscovering old talent (Deuce, Smith/Grant, Horn, etc), finding out some guys are better then they thought in this system (Fujita, Stinchomb, Hollis Thomas).

Plus we have our own Brady and that sure helps ;)

Last edited:
Actually, if we are the 2001-02 Patriots, I hope we follow their lead with their 2003-04 and 2004-05 teams as well.

:D

Derrick Work: How can you not include the Saints the the NFC Championship picture? How in the world are the Steelers favored to win this weekend? I don't care if their back is up against the wall.

SportsNation KC Joyner: (4:11 PM ET ) You know who the Saints remind me of at some level? The Patriots team that beat the Rams in the Super Bowl. That team did not have the most talented roster but their coaches got them to play as well as they could. They also had creative playcalling, something that the Saints have in abundance. NO could be the sleeper SB pick in the NFC.[/QUOTE]

So does this mean that we will beat a great offensive team in the Super Bowl (like the Pats did the Rams)? Indy could represent the AFC. That would be awesome!

Danny New Orleans LA: do you see the Saints keeping up their winning ways and taking the division or do you see ATL and Carolina crawling back into it. I feel like everyone in the media wants Carolina to get back to the top because they were there pick for the NFC and they cant stand being wrong, and would like Vick to shine so they can talk about him as "superman"..that being said WHO DAT?!!

KC Joyner: (4:46 PM ET ) I have to admit that I like the Saints, so take this with a grain of salt. I think NO can win the division. Carolina is very banged up and Atlanta is very questionable due to their potential locker room issues. NO has neither of those issues so things look good for them.

That was me ^^^

Danny New Orleans LA: do you see the Saints keeping up their winning ways and taking the division or do you see ATL and Carolina crawling back into it. I feel like everyone in the media wants Carolina to get back to the top because they were there pick for the NFC and they cant stand being wrong, and would like Vick to shine so they can talk about him as "superman"..that being said WHO DAT?!!

KC Joyner: (4:46 PM ET ) I have to admit that I like the Saints, so take this with a grain of salt. I think NO can win the division. Carolina is very banged up and Atlanta is very questionable due to their potential locker room issues. NO has neither of those issues so things look good for them.

That was me ^^^

Awesome! I was about to post that. I was Jason from Conroe asking about Bush :)

man i don't buy that reggie is scared of the hits. i've seen him lower his head a few times. it's not like he's always running out of bounds.

Ryan (Cleveland): Why is "Nick in Cleveland" so angry? And can you please explain his man-crush on Leftwich? Charlie Frye is hardly the worst QB in the league. J.P. Losman is still fighting Aaron Brooks for that title.

KC Joyner: (4:50 PM ET ) Man-crush? That's the first time I've heard that term used in this forum! As to the second comment, Brooks has to be the worst right now.

i know a lot of saints fans dont like AB and are glad he is gone , but how can you say he is the worst QB when he isnt even playing, he just got back from injury and from what it looks like he has to be better than walters, walters missed 4 WIDE OPEN raiders the other night, and i see AB lasering those in....granted he does make his mistakes at least they would haved moved the ball

That's exactly who we are.

The 2001-02 Patriots.

Of course, the conspiracy theorists will come out (Pats won because of 9/11, Saints won because of Katrina), but whatever.

You know, I can understand the fact that it was neat that a team called the "Patriots" won the Superbowl after 9/11, but for it to have been something that would be a storyline like the Saints with Katrina...shouldnt a team from New York have won? Or even Washington for that matter.

Ryan (Cleveland): Why is "Nick in Cleveland" so angry? And can you please explain his man-crush on Leftwich? Charlie Frye is hardly the worst QB in the league. J.P. Losman is still fighting Aaron Brooks for that title.

KC Joyner: (4:50 PM ET ) Man-crush? That's the first time I've heard that term used in this forum! As to the second comment, Brooks has to be the worst right now.

i know a lot of saints fans dont like AB and are glad he is gone , but how can you say he is the worst QB when he isnt even playing, he just got back from injury and from what it looks like he has to be better than walters, walters missed 4 WIDE OPEN raiders the other night, and i see AB lasering those in....granted he does make his mistakes at least they would haved moved the ball

As long as he is in the league playing or not, he is the worst QB in the league. Bitter? I'm not bitter... what are you talking about???

Any one know what potential locker room issues he's talking about ? Just wondering if this is the play-calling stuff of a few weeks back, or something else I hadn't heard...

Ed (NYC): How do you compare Marques Colston's first half performance relative to other rookie WRs? This guy has been amazing, no?

SportsNation KC Joyner: (4:57 PM ET ) He is the no-brainer rookie of the year right now. If he has a 2nd half that is nearly as good as his first he wins that award hands down.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom