Article Chauncey Gardner-Johnson feeling confident after Saints minicamp (1 Viewer)

Anyone else notice how much Chauncey improved once Todd Grantham became DC for Florida during his junior (2018) season?

His LSU tape was very impressive. He took great angles & had solid range. Not afraid to pop you either. I really like this pick.

He'll do good things in New Orleans.

I'm really liking the depth at slot.
PJ, Prob and Chauncey is a far cry from us only having PJ down the stretch last season.

No doubt. On paper this is the deepest, most talented Secondary we've had in years. Lol, remember when we had Corey White out there starting? Seems like such a long time ago.

I think CGJ is going to be the player we all hoped KV would be.

No doubt. On paper this is the deepest, most talented Secondary we've had in years. Lol, remember when we had Corey White out there starting? Seems like such a long time ago.

I think CGJ is going to be the player we all hoped KV would be.

Corey White, Harris and Browner.....I want to never have to re-live any of that.

CGJ was an absolute steal in the 4th round. From what I've been hearing and reading about him these past few weeks, it sounds like he is picking up the defense pretty quick and they've put him in a lot of different situations in the secondary and he has performed admirably. No doubt he makes the final 53 and will get a good amount of playing time.

Studs at every level on this defense. While this offense will be its usual greatness, I have a feeling that the defense will be the team's identity.
That would be real nice for a change. Looks like it started last season. How many games last season did our defense save it for us, how many times did they bail the offense out to preserve a win? It's been a long time since we had a dominating defense like we're starting to see with this defense.

That would be real nice for a change. Looks like it started last season. How many games last season did our defense save it for us, how many times did they bail the offense out to preserve a win? It's been a long time since we had a dominating defense like we're starting to see with this defense.
Now that there is a legit threat at TE, the offense is looking very, very good.

Demario Davis is the key for me. With his signing and subsequent solid play I think the D solidified. With Cam up front and Lattimore in coverage, Demario took the middle to Vilma-esque territory. Adding in the pieces with Davenport, Apple, Anzelone, CGJ etc and suddenly I have confidence in the D not only stopping, but turning over the ball.

Demario Davis is the key for me. With his signing and subsequent solid play I think the D solidified. With Cam up front and Lattimore in coverage, Demario took the middle to Vilma-esque territory. Adding in the pieces with Davenport, Apple, Anzelone, CGJ etc and suddenly I have confidence in the D not only stopping, but turning over the ball.
While Demario is great, he’s not in the middle. That’s AA.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom