Chauncey Gardner-Johnson (1 Viewer)

What could have been. You never know. We would have been content to go into OT with no guarantee of winning. Crap happens. Give a rookie a break it’s his first game.
This is how look at it. A tied game with 37 seconds left we probably play it safe and go to overtime. What if we lose the toss? Houston went 75 yards in 3 plays, they do that again and we lose. Being down 1 forced us to push the ball down field and win with a fg. I guess I'm just a silver lining kinda guy.

This is how look at it. A tied game with 37 seconds left we probably play it safe and go to overtime. What if we lose the toss? Houston went 75 yards in 3 plays, they do that again and we lose. Being down 1 forced us to push the ball down field and win with a fg. I guess I'm just a silver lining kinda guy.
problem with thi add team we don't go for the throat ant more we play it safe that won't win it for us and yet that's all we do

I’m not going to rag on him too much. He was giving his all to try to block the kick. He was already airborne and couldn’t control how he came down at that point. It hurt us, but I still like the effort. Rookies will have growing pains, but I didn’t think it was bad or boneheaded by any means.

problem with thi add team we don't go for the throat ant more we play it safe that won't win it for us and yet that's all we do

this is the way almost every team would play that. If you are on your way to OT you are taking a chance of turning that ball over with only 37 sec. Any mistake at all from your own 20 and all they have to do is hit another chip shot.

And another way to look at it, if they we had not come back and won then you could also say wow that miss that Lutz had in the first half really hurt us. As it is nobody will ever talk about that one. So maybe Lutz should take CGJ out to diner as well. Heck lets just send them all. :cool:

That was a really bad call. Texans kicker even new he missed that FG. Rook will learn from that and move on.

Rams next...

Considering Lutz actually got ran into after one of his kicks, I'd say this one was tick-tacky

Needs to take the offense and Will Lutz to dinner for bailing him out

He made a hustle play and he should not have been called for roughing the kicker.
I've never seen a played get twisted around and thrown to the ground by a player sliding over his feet...
The Texan kicker deserves an Academy Award!

Last edited:
I saw CGJ's snaps went up to 10 plays but IIRC, the 2 CBs and 2 safeties had 100% of the snaps. Did anyone see CGJ playing in some Dime packages? He had one tackle.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom