Chauncey Gardner-Johnson (2 Viewers)

CJG just overshot the block attempt by maybe a foot. Not like he laid the wood to Fairbairn’s head or something like that. Not mad at him at all.

It was, but you never put yourself in that position. You can't even sneeze on the kicker. He shouldn't have dove like that.
I don’t post often, but lutz gets hit by them on almost the same kind of dive and it isn’t called. The referees were the worst part about this whole game, consistently making horrible calls that hurt the saints in one way or another.

CGJ tends to play so aggressive that he plays out of control at times. He’s definitely learned a hard lesson tonight. You could see it in his eyes on the bench after the play. We have to remember that they’re rookies and they’re going to make those rookie mistakes. We’ve been fortunate the last couple of years to land rookies who played like veterans from day 1.

This all day. Junk call really. Just happy he’s out on the field as a rookie, let’s see what he’s got. I’ll take that heart all day, he was distraught, it meant something to him and he’ll learn from it.

They pointed that out to show how late Gardner was, not to say that it was a bad call. Gardner clearly landed on his foot so it was the correct call.
Not when the kicker has both feet down and is just standing there and he gets tapped on the TOP of his shoe and he flops. This ain’t soccer, man! The plant leg is the one the rule is designed to protect. BS call

Dudes a baller. He was halfway passed the kicker and in the air and happened to land on the kicker leg after the fact. BS call, but doesn't matter now. CJGJ is gonna let this fuel him this season.

It was the correct call. Sorry.

I’m more worried about our rookie returner than our rookie safety. Goodness he was rattled back there. At least he didn’t muff it. Hopefully the nerves are out...and he calms down.
Not the correct call. Should have been running into the kicker at most, and even then it was ticky tack.

Needs to take the offense and Will Lutz to dinner for bailing him out

No that was a straight BS call just like stealing 15 seconds from us before halftime. Gardener Johnson touched his foot after he already kicked the ball and had both feet on the ground. Then the kicker flopped and did an acting job. That’s not on Chauncey.

[Mod Edit: Deleted quote of now deleted post. ]

A flag was the right call. The guy pretty clearly ran into the kicker. Whether it was roughing or running into really doesn’t matter. What matters is that either would allow the kick to be redone. If I was a Houston fan and that happened to Lutz...I’d be expecting the flag. Just my objective opinion. The call before half on the other hand was blown...zero question about it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom