Chess Legend Bobby Fisher has just died in Iceland (1 Viewer)

Saintman2884

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Very controversial man If I may say so but a classic chess player.

Breaking News, Just hard it on ESPN.

He was 64 years old when he died today

peglegpeet13

23-3 What a Night!!!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I saw an interview with him and he was a little crazy to say the least. It was with Jeremy Schapp of ESPN. Fisher went on and on about Schapps dad.

SaintJ

hard, pipe-hittin'
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
+1

Whoever was searching for him can stop.

Good riddance to the hateful lunatic indeed.

TPS

Reaction score
He was an American hero for those of you who remember back to the cold war. :shrug:

TPS

SeminoleMarine

Rebel Alliance
Reaction score
......., sad to see him go.
Why?

He was an American hero for those of you who remember back to the cold war. :shrug:

TPS
Key word......"was".

Then he became mean, hateful and maniacal. He hated everything America stood for and even cheered the 9-11 attacks. He said that America needs to destroyed.

I won't miss him.

SoonerJim

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score

TPS
Yes, he beat the Soviets in "their" sport. I think he became mentally ill. A good chess player former colleague believed Fischer one of the innovators of chess history.

TPS

Reaction score
>>Yes, he beat the Soviets in "their" sport. I think he became mentally ill. A good chess player former colleague believed Fischer one of the innovators of chess history.

Indeed. Most geniuses are a step or two away from being completely insane anyway (as I'm sure you realize and drink frequently to keep the inner wolves at bay). I can't hate on the guy who defeated those evil commie ******** at their own game. He was a hero to many of us budding chess players at the time. That he came to hate the oligarchist culture of jews running American banks, media conglomerates and secret societies is but an afterthought. ( :covri: )

Not that it is in any way related, but I think it was the following year when Bobby Riggs took on Billie Jean King in the match for the ages. It was heavy being a kid in the early 70's and dealing with all these major, unresolved conflicts such as man vs. woman, God's country vs. the Evil Empire, etc. :17:

TPS

TDH

I Want to Believe
Reaction score
Why?

Key word......"was".

Then he became mean, hateful and maniacal. He hated everything America stood for and even cheered the 9-11 attacks. He said that America needs to destroyed.

I won't miss him.
I try to stay open to opposing point of views.

'79 Saints

Reaction score
It is sad to see someone degenerate as he did into wild-eyed conspiracy theories and consumed with hatred/paranoia... he even grew to hate the game so many grew to love -chess.

I hope he is remembered for when he did as a chess player and not for the delusional, paranoid rants that he would be known for later in life.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Saints Headlines (The Advocate)

Headlines

Top Bottom