Chicago Bears thinking about Fanchising Bernard Berrian (1 Viewer)

That would be a monumental mistake. Berrian seems to be a good WR, but nowhere near worth the franchise tag. He has only 3 career 100-yard games, only 13 career TDs, and 0 1000-yard seasons in 4 years (2 as a starter). 71 is his career-high in receptions. He's not even a #1 WR. It's insane to consider paying Top 5 WR money for a #2 WR.

I believe that would be a mistake but you can't knock them from trying to protect their player. Maybe he can be a good receiver with the help of a good quarterback. I think Drew Brees can help Berrian become a much better receiver.

I believe that would be a mistake but you can't knock them from trying to protect their player. Maybe he can be a good receiver with the help of a good quarterback. I think Drew Brees can help Berrian become a much better receiver.

Any QB worth their salt could help Berrian get better. Chicago has somehow found 3 terrible QBs that all make rookie mistakes despite none of them being rookies. It's like 3 Aaron Brooks': sometimes they're great, other times mind-boggling bad.

:hihi: Let them go ahead and do that. Berrian isn't even a top 20 receiver in this league. Why they can't lock up Berrian with Briggs most likely being gone is beyond me.:dunno:

according to a show on WMVP Chicago ESPN, Drew Rosenhaus wants top 10 wr for him. The DJs laughed resoundly.

Gotta love a WR whose never led his TEAM in receiving let alone be in the top 10 in any receiving category wanting top money.

next thing you'll hear about is devery wanting top ten cash. speaking of DH, if the bears retain berrian how does that effect DH with resiging with the saints? he have more takers in free agency if berrian isnt available. i think we would have to resign him b/c we need a speed WR. i hope he comes back despite all the drops.

1. let devery go, we dont need a reciever who cant catch...
2. sign briggs... even if we have to splurge a little
3. trade our 4th for vilma or draft louranidis (sp?) with the 10th

this alone makes our defense 100 times better... having good linebackers would give us MUCH more flexibility with our defense

If that is the case, the Saints should not touch him. There are other good receivers out there.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom