Saints Chicago game. (1 Viewer)

jasonsw

VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Well tonight showed Chicago is not so good they could not beat a below average Denver offense and an overrated D. Plus K.C looked like the greatest defense on earth against Denver and their washed up Q.B

Well tonight showed Chicago is not so good they could not beat a below average Denver offense and an overrated D. Plus K.C looked like the greatest defense on earth against Denver and their washed up Q.B

Every week is different. We are going to play a very stout defense on the road Sunday. I like our chances if we win the turnover battle.

Without Akeim Hicks the Bears aren't any better than the Jags, maybe not as good. Everybody keeps looking at the Bears magic season last year with their last place schedule & freshman QB & thinking this is that same team. But now coaches have film on Trubisky & they know what to use to make him flinch. Cohen is good, there O.line is above average, but not great. Their receiving corps surely won't be the toughest we've faced this season. I think they have a good kicking game. And they have a solid defense with three pro bowl caliber players on it.

But our defense is choka block full of guys who are playing at the top of their game right now. Not every one is all world, but they are at the top of their game. However, we do have several all world players, & most of them now are on defense. If this team continues to handle the ball properly such as it has so far this season. And doesn't encounter too much of a crooked officiating crew, & plays the way they have been playing. There isn't a single stadium on this planet they can't go into & come out victorious. For those of us who seem to be covered in worry warts, you need to look at the quality of this program at every level of every single position & every single portion of this staff & ask yourself, is there any other team I would rather have theirs than ours?

Without Akeim Hicks the Bears aren't any better than the Jags, maybe not as good. Everybody keeps looking at the Bears magic season last year with their last place schedule & freshman QB & thinking this is that same team. But now coaches have film on Trubisky & they know what to use to make him flinch. Cohen is good, there O.line is above average, but not great. Their receiving corps surely won't be the toughest we've faced this season. I think they have a good kicking game. And they have a solid defense with three pro bowl caliber players on it.

But our defense is choka block full of guys who are playing at the top of their game right now. Not every one is all world, but they are at the top of their game. However, we do have several all world players, & most of them now are on defense. If this team continues to handle the ball properly such as it has so far this season. And doesn't encounter too much of a crooked officiating crew, & plays the way they have been playing. There isn't a single stadium on this planet they can't go into & come out victorious. For those of us who seem to be covered in worry warts, you need to look at the quality of this program at every level of every single position & every single portion of this staff & ask yourself, is there any other team I would rather have theirs than ours?

absolutely agree, but if we don't bring our A game, this could easily be a loss. I'm not a pessimist. I'm a realist. That said, If we beat Chicago on the road, we have to be considered favorites in the NFC.

It's all about matchups. That said, I think we have a strong chance of beating the bears. Our D needs to keep it up, we need to feed Murray and take care of the ball. Field position and TOP will reign supreme.

absolutely agree, but if we don't bring our A game, this could easily be a loss. I'm not a pessimist. I'm a realist. That said, If we beat Chicago on the road, we have to be considered favorites in the NFC.
If you don't bring your A game any game could be a loss. But if we bring our B game & they bring their B game, we'll beat the pants off of em. There really is that much difference. i tell you what the Bears remind me of. Last year they reminded me of the Saints in 06' They had that young swagger, but the fact was they were playing way above their heads. Then the truth came crashing in & now they are seeing how far they really need to go to become a real superbowl contender. They might be back next year, or the year after. But for now, they are in medicineville. The Saints are a true superbowl contender & will therefore go to Chicago & get it done. Once again, it will come with a thousand complaints most likely against our offense. But I'm okay with a 6-1 record & folks gripping about style points.

In my opinion, one of the keys to the game will be field position and the punting game. We will have the advantage there with Thomas Morstead.

If the Saints can get a W in Chicago, without Brees, Kamara, and Cook... then they are the best team in the NFL. The OL and DL are healthy, and both are capable of being dominant. Even down great players, the Saints are a deep enough team to beat any team out there.

The Bears have some similarities to Jacksonville, but they're not identical. The Bears defense is a little better, and they probably have less offensive weapons. I'd put Minshew and Trubisky about on the same level.

The bigger issue is that Chicago is a much more hostile road environment than Jacksonville is, the weather is colder than a southern team is used to, we're going on our 2nd road game in a row, and our team is really banged up. I think this is a tougher hill to climb than the Jags were.

This is one of those games that's not a must-win by any means. Going in and stealing a W would be lagniappe, but it's not necessary. Even if we drop the next two, we control our own division fate when Brees comes back.

The Bears have some similarities to Jacksonville, but they're not identical. The Bears defense is a little better, and they probably have less offensive weapons. I'd put Minshew and Trubisky about on the same level.

The bigger issue is that Chicago is a much more hostile road environment than Jacksonville is, the weather is colder than a southern team is used to, we're going on our 2nd road game in a row, and our team is really banged up. I think this is a tougher hill to climb than the Jags were.

This is one of those games that's not a must-win by any means. Going in and stealing a W would be lagniappe, but it's not necessary. Even if we drop the next two, we control our own division fate when Brees comes back.
I agree except I give the edge to Menshew because of his intelligence. I want Kamara and Cook out because while important it is not a crucial game. I believe that the Saints can shut down this offense. I also believe that the Bears can shut down the Saints offense.
Special teams needs to come through and defense get us a turnover or 2.

Interestingly, the Bears have averaged 11 offensive points per game at home this season (against the Packers, Vikings, and Titans). I think that many of those defenses are on par with the Saints, so we'll need to bring it again this Sunday.

The key will be limiting turnovers and doing just enough to manufacture offense without many skilled players.

The weather will not be an issue and if the Saints could handle the Seattle crowd noise then they shouldn't have any problem in Chicago. Finally, I wouldn't call our team "really banged up" by any means. We just happen to be dealing with injuries to some "key" players but otherwise overall our team is pretty healthy. Bottom line is, we don't shoot ourselves in the foot (TOs) we should win this game. IMO

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom