Chicago teenager beaten to death by violent gang members (1 Viewer)

The Hip/Hop and Rap genres of music promote gang violence. We need to cast aside this type of behavior if we are ever going to be an equal society in the United States. We need to move on from this type of music that promotes violence.

Its easy to come to this conclusion, but I believe you should rethink this. Think of it as a two way street. the genre promotes the lifestyle, and the lifestyle promotes the genre. But, even so, the real reason hip/hop and rap came about was to articulate what people live through every day. The majority of this holds true now. Its true some of it "promotes" the lifestyle, but its on the lesser side of things. That lesser side happens to be the more prominent, unfortunately.

Book, cover, judging, etc.

Its easy to come to this conclusion, but I believe you should rethink this. Think of it as a two way street. the genre promotes the lifestyle, and the lifestyle promotes the genre. But, even so, the real reason hip/hop and rap came about was to articulate what people live through every day. The majority of this holds true now. Its true some of it "promotes" the lifestyle, but its on the lesser side of things. That lesser side happens to be the more prominent, unfortunately.

Great post.

With Chicago competing to host the Summer Olympics, everything about the Windy City is about to become daily news.

:plus-un2:

Chicago is going to be under the microscope for a while. Not only are they competing for the Olymics but as we all know, this is Obama's city so the media will play doctor and dissect every single aspect of it.

To the original topic of this post, these animals that beat this kid should be punished to the fullest extent of the law. Black, white, green, blue or purple, this is a disgusting act by individuals who have no respect for anything.

Fair enough, Great point.

I just wish these young kids had a better chance at life. So many times these children are forced into this gang lifestyle. This story is just another example.

This child was killed by a gang. I am calling out the music genres that promotes gang violence. I don't want anyone to die due to a gang. I am calling for peace.

As a nation we need to cast aside these music genres that promote gang violence: Hip/Hop and Rap.
Are you just as willing to call out the other musical genres that "promote" violence? I understand that a large part of the hip-hop/rap genre "promotes" violence. But so do most other musical genres from rock, to metal, to country, to blues...even to jazz and classical.

There had to be 100 witnesses standing around and not one is going to step up and identify the people responsible, that is probably the biggest travesty of all.

Chicago is going to be under the microscope for a while. Not only are they competing for the Olymics but as we all know, this is Obama's city so the media will play doctor and dissect every single aspect of it.

To the original topic of this post, these animals that beat this kid should be punished to the fullest extent of the law. Black, white, green, blue or purple, this is a disgusting act by individuals who have no respect for anything.

This child was killed by a gang. I am calling out the music genres that promotes gang violence. I don't want anyone to die due to a gang. I am calling for peace.

As a nation we need to cast aside these music genres that promote gang violence: Hip/Hop and Rap.

Horse ****, there is violence in every single music genre. Country included.

Horse ****, there is violence in every single music genre. Country included.

True but rap music glamorizes the gang life. I can't name a country music song that
glamorizes drugs, violence, or gangstas.

I am against violence & sadly like others have said in this thread this stuff happens all to commonly.
A Good Man stands Tall for Peace.

True but rap music glamorizes the gang life. I can't name a country music song that
glamorizes drugs, violence, or gangstas.
I Won't Smoke Weed With Willie ~ Toby Keith
All My Rowdy Friends ~ Hank Williams, Jr.
Family Tradition ~ Hank Williams, Jr.
Whiskey Bent and Hell Bound ~ Hank Williams, Jr.
Cocaine Blues ~ Johnny Cash
Folsom Prison Blues ~ Johnny Cash
I Hung My Head ~ Johnny Cash
In The Jailhouse Now ~ Johnny Cash
A Boy Named Sue ~ Johnny Cash
Pretty much any song by David Allan Coe
Pretty much any song by Hank Williams III

Need any more examples?

P
I Won't Smoke Weed With Willie ~ Toby Keith
All My Rowdy Friends ~ Hank Williams, Jr.
Family Tradition ~ Hank Williams, Jr.
Whiskey Bent and Hell Bound ~ Hank Williams, Jr.
Cocaine Blues ~ Johnny Cash
Folsom Prison Blues ~ Johnny Cash
I Hung My Head ~ Johnny Cash
In The Jailhouse Now ~ Johnny Cash
A Boy Named Sue ~ Johnny Cash
Pretty much any song by David Allan Coe
Pretty much any song by Hank Williams III

Need any more examples?

wow did you just go back two generations to get a list of songs that does not glamorize violence like rap music does.

Really to compare the violence of rap music with country music is far off. The two are daylight and dark.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom