Chicago teenager beaten to death by violent gang members (1 Viewer)

Absolute travesty. These ******* need to be caught and tried as adults. No excuse for what they did. I feel terrible for the young man's family.

True its a tragedy either way, but I was wondering if this was yet another hate crime. Do hate crimes matter more than other savage and senseless acts of violence? The courts think so and so do I. Hate crimes can have inherent racial implications which are usually based on certain sociodynamics that overshadow the specific nature of the crime itself, hence the question.

I believe the experiment that is our diverse American culture is nearing critical mass thanks in part to increasing intolerance for those we view as dissimilar to ourselves. Events such as racially motivated hate crimes have a tendency to manifest themselves as catalysts for this type of discord, and should be closely monitored.

I take it this was not a hate crime and for that I am thankful

So, in other words, you're saying that it matters that it wasn't a hate crime.
<div_prefs id="div_prefs"></div_prefs>

Even if it wasnt a hate crime Im pretty sure they didnt like the guy very much.

I am confident that the above statement reflects not only honesty, but is firmly grounded in the context of todays racial reality.

Im no expert or anything but I find that racial reality varies more from individual to individual than it does from day to day or even decade to adjacent decade.

No, the incident itself was horrible in the extreme, but due to the fraglie state of race relations in America today, I for one am glad the attack was not racially motivated.

Feel free to read whatever you like into this, or come up with as many "other words" as you feel necessary to corner me into whatever "trap" awaits. I am confident that the above statement reflects not only honesty, but is firmly grounded in the context of todays racial reality.

Feel free to read into my summary of your own post. I'm not cornering you into anything. That's merely what you were saying. Perhaps this is just a sad reflection of your view of today's society, but you were the one who was looking for a racial motivation for this incident.
<div_prefs id="div_prefs"></div_prefs>

I have always hoped that people who believe their own personal brand of reality supersedes that of the collective whole, also possess the ability to admit when they are wrong.

Demonstrable reality supercedes implied reality.

Or in the vernacular of Missouri, Show me.

Feel free to read into my summary of your own post.

Yeah I read your reply. You call that a summary? More like a loaded question but whatever.

I'm not cornering you into anything.

Nope, but that doesnt seem to keep you from trying.

That's merely what you were saying.

I didnt say that. You asked me if I was implying something different (something you came up with yourself), and I told you no. It was a bit of a rhetorical question, and I think you knew the answer before you posed it. Why? I dont know. Why do people ask rhetorical questions?

Perhaps this is just a sad reflection of your view of today's society, but you were the one who was looking for a racial motivation for this incident.
<DIV_PREFS id=div_prefs></DIV_PREFS>

I stated that it is my belief that race relations in America today are fragile. I am not alone in this belief. Do you disagree? Whether or not this statement represents a sad reflection of my own personal view of todays society, is itself irrelevant. It is simply an emotional element that you have brought to the table to serve some purpose. What purpose beyond suggesting you can read my mind escapes me. If I was looking for a racial motivation in this incident, let it be known that I was pleased to discover a lack thereof.

"All that is visible must grow beyond itself and extend into the realm of the invisible. Thereby it recieves its true consecration and clarity and takes firm root in the cosmic order".

I-Ching Hexagram 50

"I'm not a stable hand, but I know horse **** when I smell it."

George Patton circa 1947

The Hip/Hop and Rap genres of music promote gang violence. We need to cast aside this type of behavior if we are ever going to be an equal society in the United States. We need to move on from this type of music that promotes violence.

Last edited:
The Hip/Hop and Rap genres of music promote gang violence. We need to cast aside this type of behavior if we are ever going to an equal society in the United States.

And Rock&Roll promotes promiscuity. Dont even get me started on Broadway show tunes and sodomy.:covri:

This child was killed by a gang. I am calling out the music genres that promotes gang violence. I don't want anyone to die due to a gang. I am calling for peace.

As a nation we need to cast aside these music genres that promote gang violence: Hip/Hop and Rap.

This child was killed by a gang. I am calling out the music genres that promotes gang violence. I don't want anyone to die due to a gang. I am calling for peace.

As a nation we need to cast aside these music genres that promote gang violence: Hip/Hop and Rap.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sO_QntXc-c4&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sO_QntXc-c4&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom