Chicago (1 Viewer)

Oneists

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
Is anyone going to Chicago or have any info that may help us on our trip?

Im going. My family lives in the area. Nothing to add but it's going to be cold as *#&$.

I know a group of 6 heading up there. It would be 7 but I'm in my last semester of school. I know they booked plane tickets and hotels already.

I'm flying up with my son. We will get there Sunday, and leave Tuesday. We're staying at the Renaissance Blackstone. Anyone know of Saints tailgating? This will be our first trip to Chicago (aside from layovers at Chicago O'Hare).

I'll be there. A vendor of mine who is based in Chicago will be courting me in one their suites. Should be nice and warm!

I'll be there. A vendor of mine who is based in Chicago will be courting me in one their suites. Should be nice and warm!
Be sure to send me the suite location, just in case my son and I get cold down in the Colonnade section. :mwink:

Is anyone going to Chicago or have any info that may help us on our trip?

What kind of information do you need, no ones posted anything about tailgating or other events yet. It will be cold. :yuck:

What kind of information do you need, no ones posted anything about tailgating or other events yet. It will be cold. :yuck:

Not necessarily. Average temps for mid December are 37/24 but many days that time of the year are in the 50-60 range with the record high being 64. Also, Soldier Field tends to be a few degrees warmer than most parts of Chicago since it is near the lake and the lake temps are usually warmer than the air temps in December.

I started kicking around the idea of going this morning. Found tickets on Spirit Airlines leaving out Saturday and returning Tuesday for $150/ person taxes and all. I also know from experience that snagging a 4-5 star hotel in December in Chicago for less than $70 isn't hard if you name your own price on priceline.

Tickets are sure to be cheap after they lose next week to the Packers and drop to 3-6. Would probably be the best time to jump on tickets since they follow that game up with games against the Vikings and Bucs. They will likely be 5-6 and back in the "hunt" with a big games against Detroit and Dallas before the Saints game. Right now tickets can be had for about $75 for the worst seats and decent seats for $125 range.

I will be there with the wife. Her whole family is from Chicago and are season ticket holders. I'm sure we'll be tailgating somewhere. I'll get specifics and shout them out to anyone that's interested.

We are there Fri-Tues and staying at the Essex Inn.

My friend and I are going. Booked round trip airfare from New Orleans to Chicago nonstop for only $210 last night with Spirit Airlines.

Ah, Chicago... The Windy Apple... Hard to believe it was almost eight years ago I spent the coldest day of my life - and I'm from Canada - walking up Michigan Avenue, after having watched my Saints lose the NFC Championship game.

Score aside, it was a good trip. Many (and I mean many) Saints' fans stayed at the Hyatt. Best $35 I ever spent via Priceline. Hell, the buffet breakfast was pretty close in price...

Enjoy the game, and, be sure to take the "over." :D

Ah, Chicago... The Windy Apple... Hard to believe it was almost eight years ago I spent the coldest day of my life - and I'm from Canada - walking up Michigan Avenue, after having watched my Saints lose the NFC Championship game.

Score aside, it was a good trip. Many (and I mean many) Saints' fans stayed at the Hyatt. Best $35 I ever spent via Priceline. Hell, the buffet breakfast was pretty close in price...

Enjoy the game, and, be sure to take the "over." :D

We had a great time at the Hyatt the night before the game in 2007 !! They had so many people in the bar area they had to turn people back. Even Nagin showed his face.

When are people getting to Chicago? I'll be in early on Sunday morning, so I plan to find someplace to watch the Sunday afternoon games.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom