Chick Flicks you actually like (2 Viewers)

Anything with Hugh Grant. The man is like crack to me.

That's gonna come back to haunt me.

You've Got Mail.
What Women Want.

"A League of Their Own"

First, I want to be the kid who drove Geena Davis to the Suds Bucket.

Kid: What's your rush, dollbody? What do you say we slip in the back seat, and make a man out of me?
Dottie Hinson (Geena Davis): What do you say I smack you around for a while?
Kid: Can't we do both?

Second, "There's no crying in baseball!"

Third, well the whole movie is chock full of great stand alone little vignettes.

Jimmy Dugan (Tom Hanks): "Uh, Lord, hallowed be Thy name. May our feet be swift; may our bats be mighty; may our balls... be plentiful. Lord, I'd just like to thank You for that waitress in South Bend. You know who she is — she kept calling Your name. And God, these are good girls, and they work hard. Just help them see it all the way through. Okay, that's it."

She's The One (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/She's_the_One)

the one I saw a couple months ago with mmmmmmmmmmmm Kristen Bell

uuuuuuuuhhhhhhh.... the one with Owen Wilson throwing seven differents kinds of smoke

hmmmm... there are other that have their moments, but overall I can't think of any that really stand out

Does Pretty Woman count?

maybe Bridget Jones' Diary...

The Devil Wears Prada - Although it's an entertaining movie when I wasn't expecting it to be, my enjoyment of this movie is almost solely because of my infatuation/stalker-planning with Anne Hathaway.

When Harry Met Sally.

"A League of Their Own" was fairly fun, but I hated all the other ones mentioned in this thread (and blissfully there are a few I haven't seen). I can't think of anything else that qualifies as "chick-flick" that I felt was any good. I thought "Steel Magnolias" was terrible, but that's largely because the play was so much better.

The inclusion of "most Ben Stiller" movies is an insight to me. I always thought I hated them just because he's a terrible actor and the scripts aren't funny, but I hadn't thought of those lame scripts as being "chick flicks". Thank you for the insight. One more reason I can't stand them.

"A League of Their Own"."[/I]

By a narrow margin, SaintsReport considers A League of Their Own a sports movie instead of a chick flick

Last edited:
if we can take it waaaaay old school I've always liked Ninotcha with Greta Garbo

I watched a flick a few days ago called Easy A, I only watched it cause Emma Stone was in it. Turns out I actually kinda enjoyed it. :covri:

Isn't that a movie about a slut? What's not to like?

The Princess Bride. Although I actually got into an argument with a girl over whether it was a chick flick or a fantasy movie.

The Princess Bride. Although I actually got into an argument with a girl over whether it was a chick flick or a fantasy movie.

Great movie, although I wouldn't consider it a chick-flick. I can see how it can be argued to be one, though.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom