Chickens roosting (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
forgotston.com » Another of Jindal

Bobby is credited with fixing the fiscal problems that existed when he took over DHH. Part of the fix appears to have been spending Federal funds that did not belong to the state.

In any case, it is appropriate that Jindal now will have to repay the Feds for his mistake. The only problem is that it is the citizens of Louisiana who, once again, will suffer as a result of Bobby’s ineptitude.

mb504

Word.
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
So really, the Pre-Katrina Blanco v Jindal vote had no right answer
I disagree. I still think Jindal would have handled the pressure surrounding Katrina better than Blanco. She was a nice lady by all accounts but completely overmatched during one of the most critical periods in state history. And I say that as a very vocal Jindal critic.

Even better, it would have meant that Jindal would have finished his second term two years ago and would be gone by now.

Denzien

May contain 10% Ethanol
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I disagree. I still think Jindal would have handled the pressure surrounding Katrina better than Blanco. She was a nice lady by all accounts but completely overmatched during one of the most critical periods in state history. And I say that as a very vocal Jindal critic.

Even better, it would have meant that Jindal would have finished his second term two years ago and would be gone by now.
I can buy that. Since Jindal and Bush were in the same party, Jindal probably would not have refused help from the National Guard.

mb504

Word.
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I can buy that. Since Jindal and Bush were in the same party, Jindal probably would not have refused help from the National Guard.
Yes, I think a lot of the miscommunication about whether the Louisiana National Guard should be "federalized" or whether the governor had even asked for all available federal resources might have been avoided. After Katrina, I think the FEMA money might have come down the pipeline faster for the same reason. Maybe we would even have a functioning new LSU Hospital by now in Mid-City instead of the current cluster**** of the state trying to get out of the hospital business entirely after something like $100 million was spent expropriating and clearing 70+ blocks of housing. Jindal seemed to actually support that project in the beginning until he apparently decided that it was better for his national profile if he didn't.

At the end of the day, I could care less about which party runs the government as long as it actually works.

Galbreath34

Very Banned
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
So really, the Pre-Katrina Blanco v Jindal vote had no right answer
Elections rarely have a right answer, but Louisiana has a history of having the worst set of wrong answers. Remember the bumper stickers "Vote for the Crook. It's important." back when Edwards faced off with Duke?

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Elections rarely have a right answer, but Louisiana has a history of having the worst set of wrong answers. Remember the bumper stickers "Vote for the Crook. It's important." back when Edwards faced off with Duke?

That these two donkeys (Dem pun not intended) were the only choices for Louisiana back in the day is just mind boggling.

Galbreath34

Very Banned
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Really. It showed how messed up both parties were. Not like Treen, Roemer and others were gems, but by comparison no matter what party you were in they were better than average, sadly Blanco too.

Sadly McKeithen may be the only really effective governor without any indictments that we've/you've had in the last 50 years, but maybe I'm unfairly not giving Foster credit, he just wasn't my cup of tea and didn't seem that successful (ties with Duke and buying his mailing list soured me on him too).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom