N/S Chiefs/Bucs Will Still Take Place In Tampa (1 Viewer)

There's gonna be a lot of Chiefs fans. They were probably gonna take over regardless but now it will feel like there are more of them if less Bucs fans are there.

The thing I’m curious about is that typically when a game is considered to be moved they are taking in to account multiple factors and not just direct storm impacts.

You have Tampa first responders possibly scattered to surrounding areas assisting with the storm, you have infrastructure issues in surrounding areas that can also domino into the less impacted areas. Not to mention (because it already was 😀) that lots of people who would normally go to the game are going to be dealing with much more pressing issues.

I get the positive or the idea that the game could be a respite for people but the operation of hosting a game seems wild to me in that area so soon after a major storm.

My brother lives in Tampa and he lost part of his roof and they are without power.

The thing I’m curious about is that typically when a game is considered to be moved they are taking in to account multiple factors and not just direct storm impacts.

You have Tampa first responders possibly scattered to surrounding areas assisting with the storm, you have infrastructure issues in surrounding areas that can also domino into the less impacted areas. Not to mention (because it already was 😀) that lots of people who would normally go to the game are going to be dealing with much more pressing issues.

I get the positive or the idea that the game could be a respite for people but the operation of hosting a game seems wild to me in that area so soon after a major storm.

My brother lives in Tampa and he lost part of his roof and they are without power.
The thing that is different is that they aren't real fans compared to us, they could probably care less about the game if its happening or not if they have more pressing needs to attend to. Bucs football will never be the symbol of hope that Saints football was/is. Their games will go back to being cheap tickets and 3/4 of the way full once Brady is gone.

Both teams coming off losses. It’ll be an interesting game for sure. Hopefully Mahomes takes care of business.

C’mon

If the facility is safe and viable, and support staff can safely report to work, this is the proper decision.
Even if a majority of their fans living outside Tampa/St. Petersburg likely don’t have power, clean drinking water, trees torn up and blown into their homes, roofs torn off, cars and other vehicles damaged. I’m sure the Bucs have a sizable contingent of fans who live outside their immediate region that were living in some of these communities hit hard and devastated by Ian, like Orlando , Ocala, and Winter Haven, that have more pressing concerns then Roger Goodell’s ego, dictating they should see a NFL game.

Then again, knowing how much of a narcissist he is, I highly doubt they factored too much into his decision-making here or his calculated thought-process.

You also have to factor in how much money the game bring to the area. That money can be used to help recovery.

Can’t see there being many Chief fans there, the logistics of traveling to Florida must be a nightmare right now

Can’t see there being many Chief fans there, the logistics of traveling to Florida must be a nightmare right now
How bad is the airport and the hotels right there? Storm did go pretty south compared to what people first thought. Most fans won't land till tomorrow or Saturday. Maybe even Sunday since its a night game

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom