N/S Chiefs/Bucs Will Still Take Place In Tampa (1 Viewer)

C’mon

If the facility is safe and viable, and support staff can safely report to work, this is the proper decision.
Define support staff?

Just stadium workers?

And the ability for the staff to “safely report” doesn’t mean that the staff isn’t dealing with a world of chaos at their own homes.

Also, who manages traffic flow? Local police? Can you think of anything better they could be doing in a city with large swaths without power?

Again, I’m not saying it’s 100% the wrong idea - just that it feels like they aren’t taking everything into account.

I am not in the Tampa area, so I do not know how badly that area was affected. Clearly, Tampa was spared the devastation it would have received had the hurricane tracks 48 hours ago been correct.

For the game to be played in Tampa, city and state officials had to give their blessing. I cannot imagine many Chief fans--or Buc fans living any distance south of Tampa or in other parts of Florida--making this trip. I would think that concerns are power outages and police presence at a time when law-enforcement assets in the state are stretched incredibly thin.

I am not in the Tampa area, so I do not know how badly that area was affected. Clearly, Tampa was spared the devastation it would have received had the hurricane tracks 48 hours ago been correct.

For the game to be played in Tampa, city and state officials had to give their blessing. I cannot imagine many Chief fans--or Buc fans living any distance south of Tampa or in other parts of Florida--making this trip. I would think that concerns are power outages and police presence at a time when law-enforcement assets in the state are stretched incredibly thin.
But hotels and airport will be open and the area around the stadium didn't seem to lose power, which includes hotels and restaurants. I was expecting tons of Chiefs fans coming in if there was never a storm, can't see them cancelling and losing out stuff that was already paid for if places are still open in that area.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom