Chiefs likely to move on without Nick Foles

SoggyBottomBoy

I'm with you fellers.
Staff member
Administrator
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Someone will pick him up. I wouldn't mind it if we investigated the possibility.

And he's a bargain price for a former starting QB.

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I like Foles. I think he's capable of doing really well in the right system, and Payton's system suits him well. Brees still has a few years left, so he would have to be willing to back up Drew until the right time.

BreesusSaves

MAAAARK INGRAM
Reaction score
Foles idolizes Brees. He showed potential before an injury and a stupid head coach set him back in Philly. Long term solution? No. Potentially perfect "stop gap" after Brees hangs it up? Absolutely.

Swimmer

Medsamust Saint Fan
Reaction score
I like Foles. I think he's capable of doing really well in the right system, and Payton's system suits him well. Brees still has a few years left, so he would have to be willing to back up Drew until the right time.

Agree 100%. And there would be major bonding between Brees and Foles since they went to the same high school. I would love for us to get Foles. SP and Brees could really coach him up. He has the QB smarts and fast receiver progression reads to succeed in SP's system.

superchuck500

guarding the potatoes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Foles idolizes Brees. He showed potential before an injury and a stupid head coach set him back in Philly. Long term solution? No. Potentially perfect "stop gap" after Brees hangs it up? Absolutely.

Foles really hasn't been a "quarterback system" since Philly. A year with Jeff Fisher and the Rams and though Andy Reid is a QB guy, KC doesn't really run that kind of offense.

But Foles threw 55 attempts last year, completing 36 of them (65.5%) with 3 TDs and no picks.

Not bad in limited action. His price tag is a question.

RaginSaint93

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Can we afford him along with the defense that we are trying to rebuild?

St.Dan

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
In a world without a cap, all the above posts singing his praises would mean even more. We saw what he's capable of when he has the full support of his coach. There's been no apparent physical deterioration with him.

He'd have to live with the oft-repeated "one year/prove it" deal at first. Then, of course, the deal would come with an obvious appearance of "here's the heir apparent, folks" to it. Would he want to carry the bag for a year, maybe two? Brees is still in otherworldly shape for his age, of course due in part to modern-day rules on hitting the QB.

Heard_Dat

Rookie
Reaction score
If the price is right. I feel like he as just as serviceable as McCown in a backup role. Younger with a potentially high ceiling. What do ya'll think?

SunshinePumper

Bang Bang Chicken ****
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
That's the $64,000 question.

Well, if there was enough demand for him to drive his price up to more than we’d really want to pay, I would think KC would be trying to flip him for picks instead of just cutting him as a cap casualty. I suspect our toughest competition for him would be Arizona, since CP will probably retire before Brees and it's where he played his college ball.

-cook-

Veteran
Reaction score
Former pro bowl qb that is still young, idolizes Bree's and went to the same high school as him make it happen quickly

Swimmer

Medsamust Saint Fan
Reaction score
Can we afford him along with the defense that we are trying to rebuild?

Really good point. And if SP and Loomis jobs are on the line in 2017 if they don't deliver a playoff team, which is a real possibility, I doubt Loomis or SP will spend money or picks on anybody they don't believe can contribute in 2017.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom