Chiefs likely to move on without Nick Foles (1 Viewer)

Someone will pick him up. I wouldn't mind it if we investigated the possibility.

And he's a bargain price for a former starting QB.

I like Foles. I think he's capable of doing really well in the right system, and Payton's system suits him well. Brees still has a few years left, so he would have to be willing to back up Drew until the right time.

Foles idolizes Brees. He showed potential before an injury and a stupid head coach set him back in Philly. Long term solution? No. Potentially perfect "stop gap" after Brees hangs it up? Absolutely.

I like Foles. I think he's capable of doing really well in the right system, and Payton's system suits him well. Brees still has a few years left, so he would have to be willing to back up Drew until the right time.

Agree 100%. And there would be major bonding between Brees and Foles since they went to the same high school. I would love for us to get Foles. SP and Brees could really coach him up. He has the QB smarts and fast receiver progression reads to succeed in SP's system.

Foles idolizes Brees. He showed potential before an injury and a stupid head coach set him back in Philly. Long term solution? No. Potentially perfect "stop gap" after Brees hangs it up? Absolutely.

Foles really hasn't been a "quarterback system" since Philly. A year with Jeff Fisher and the Rams and though Andy Reid is a QB guy, KC doesn't really run that kind of offense.

But Foles threw 55 attempts last year, completing 36 of them (65.5%) with 3 TDs and no picks.

Not bad in limited action. His price tag is a question.

Can we afford him along with the defense that we are trying to rebuild?

In a world without a cap, all the above posts singing his praises would mean even more. We saw what he's capable of when he has the full support of his coach. There's been no apparent physical deterioration with him.

He'd have to live with the oft-repeated "one year/prove it" deal at first. Then, of course, the deal would come with an obvious appearance of "here's the heir apparent, folks" to it. Would he want to carry the bag for a year, maybe two? Brees is still in otherworldly shape for his age, of course due in part to modern-day rules on hitting the QB.

If the price is right. I feel like he as just as serviceable as McCown in a backup role. Younger with a potentially high ceiling. What do ya'll think?

That's the $64,000 question.

Well, if there was enough demand for him to drive his price up to more than we’d really want to pay, I would think KC would be trying to flip him for picks instead of just cutting him as a cap casualty. I suspect our toughest competition for him would be Arizona, since CP will probably retire before Brees and it's where he played his college ball.

Former pro bowl qb that is still young, idolizes Bree's and went to the same high school as him make it happen quickly

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom