Chiefs or Bengals (1 Viewer)

Joe Burrow is an incredible success story, the greatest QB LSU has ever had or likely ever will have, and led the greatest college team in the greatest college football season ever. He's got quiet yet undeniable swagger and toughness. He's supremely likeable and worked hard to get where he is.

And we're supposed to turn in our fan cards because of what Eli Apple thinks?
This.

I mentioned this in the gameday thread that I want the AFC to win. That Bengal offensive line against the Niners or Rams D-line would not be pretty. Chiefs are a stronger matchup for either of those teams, IMO. So, even though I like the Bengals, I'm going with the Chiefs.
From the seat of our living room chair there isn't a thing all the cheering in the world can do to help one team win over another. Nor can we cause a hated team to lose. Sure, I want someone other than those NFC West teams to take the trophy, but I'm not going to break down if they manage to make the podium. I'm going to pull for Burrow just because it will give me someone to cheer for. If Joe & his team fail, I can still hope for the Chiefs to come out on top this year. I'm still going to hate the Rams & 49ers forever no matter how things unfold in the next few weeks. I still have that option. :grin:

Last edited:
After surviving and doing well against Tennessee nasty defense i can see Burrow completely carving up the Chiefs. Nothing about Chiefs Frontline is scary.

Plus he just recently faced K.C. SO Burrow has a very fresh memory of K.Cs defensive tendencies

Bengals don't have the D to slow down, much less, stop the Chiefs offense.

Chiefs in a blow-out... 41-24.

Cincy is my pick to go all the way either way, so....Plus I have family in Dayton. Screw what Eli thinks

Having said that, I won't forget his contributions on what was rightfully a SB team. The D started to clique as soon as he got on the field

Eli Apple is the lesser of four evils. The Rams? The 9ers? Mahomes little brother? I don't know. Maybe the Superbowl Champ this year has to harness some measure of hate from Saints fans

I'm rooting for the Bengals from here on out. If they lose to the Chiefs I'll be pulling for the Chiefs. I don't mind them much, I do find them boring and obviously had they not taken Mahomes things might be very different around here but then we wouldn't have Lattimore at the very least so who knows really. Like Payton alluded too, there are other former Saints on the Bengals worth rooting for. Apple's weird rant says more about himself than it does about the team he plays for. He should be flying high and happy for any residual support they can get and instead he wanted to try to roast a couple former fanbases. From I've read it doesn't seem like many Bengals fans are too impressed with that, and I'm sure at least a few of his teammates aren't either even if they aren't mentioning it publicly.

Now if I was going to bet on who wins the SB I'd probably take the Rams, not because I think they're the best team left but because it's the team I want to win the least and it's just been that kind of season.

After Eli Apple’s rant on the entire Who Dat Nation and the Saints organization, are u guys still on the Bengals bandwagon or Now it’s the Chiefs? Your love for the Saints and not tolerating the disrespect from a former player surpass rooting for the LSU alum Burrow success? Let’s talk about it.
that's absurd you wouldn't root for a team because some second rate CB hates your city

Bengals forever as long as Jugular Joe is there.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom