Chiefs release CB KeiVarae Russell (1 Viewer)

Chiefs fans seemed to be surprised that he was released so quickly but none seemed shocked.

According to one Chiefs fan he only has one weakness. Covering WR's. Sounds like he'd fit in nicely here. :)

Is he a CB? Yes...Worth a look.

For a team to cut a third round pick as a rookie tells you one thing - this kid just can't play and they completely whiffed on the eval.

Pass.

the "this guy sucks, he'll fit right in" narrative is getting really tired already considering our injury situation at defensive back. seems like people would prefer we just stick Crawley out there again this week to get attacked for a full four quarters instead of just one where he was practically solely responsible for the defense imploding.

yeah, let's just do nothing and hope we don't get blown out for at least the next 6 weeks until Breaux is back. that'll be a winner.

Why would a team give up on a third rounder after only one real game? They don't even really need him to produce right now with Gaines and Peters, so why would you not keep him around to see how he develops?

Very curious development right here.

He is out of Notre Dame. I watched his entire college career. He was a very good player at ND. He had the knack for making big plays, but in trying to make some big plays he also got burned sometimes. I am surprised they cut him so quick.

For a team to cut a third round pick as a rookie tells you one thing - this kid just can't play and they completely whiffed on the eval.

Pass.

But I was led to believe that missing on draft picks only happened to the Saints?

:mwink:

the "this guy sucks, he'll fit right in" narrative is getting really tired already considering our injury situation at defensive back. seems like people would prefer we just stick Crawley out there again this week to get attacked for a full four quarters instead of just one where he was practically solely responsible for the defense imploding.

yeah, let's just do nothing and hope we don't get blown out for at least the next 6 weeks until Breaux is back. that'll be a winner.

No, I'm actually all for bringing him in. Therald Simon, not so much.

Doesn't mean that I expect a guy with little or no NFL experience to go line up against Crabtree or Cooper with no pass rush tomorrow and have any sort of success.

Why not sign him to the PS and see if he can develop for in case of another injury, God forbid.

He'd have to pass through waivers, so it's possible but I read something that didn't think that would happen.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom