Chik Fil A (1 Viewer)

thegoldenapple

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
I haven't been eating fast food in general lately but I definitely have no interest in eating there after the nonsense.

edit: I wouldn't necessarily call it a boycott for me so much as it's been more a passive on-going thing before this.

daMixter

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
That's what is so jacked off about today's society. Owner has his own personal view on marrage and it gets twisted into "Chick fil A discriminates against gays and the owner is homophobic". re-freakin-diculous.

TechDawg09

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
No no no no no no! We almost made it the whole day!

But no, those chicken minis are too damn good to not eat at least once a week.

ClayT101

Tee Retriever
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I don't care where they stand on the issue. I don't like them because they are not open on Sunday, and when I have gone there in the past, it seemed overpriced.

thegoldenapple

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
That's what is so jacked off about today's society. Owner has his own personal view on marrage and it gets twisted into "Chick fil A discriminates against gays and the owner is homophobic". re-freakin-diculous.
If it's his personal view then he should have kept it personal. It's easy to not answer a question. He's looking to evangelize his point of view and is now facing scrutiny for it.

strandedsaint

Pro-Bowler
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sorry boys, I went there today and supported Chick-fil-A! And the parking lot was full of supporters and inside as well.....I do not support gay marriage, sorry!

Devildog

Combobulated
Reaction score
It's what I like to call the 1st Amendment.

He is more than welcome to have his personal view. I am also more than welcome to have the view that he's a homophobic moron who donates money to "pray-the-gay-away" camps. He may not discriminate against gays as far as who they serve, but why would any homosexual person want to go to an establishment where the owner of the company does and says those things?

I won't eat at Chik-Fil-A because their food sucks, not because of the owner's rants.

TechDawg09

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
It's what I like to call the 1st Amendment.

He is more than welcome to have his personal view. I am also more than welcome to have the view that he's a homophobic moron who donates money to "pray-the-gay-away" camps. He may not discriminate against gays as far as who they serve, but why would any homosexual person want to go to an establishment where the owner of the company does and says those things?

I won't eat at Chik-Fil-A because their food sucks, not because of the owner's rants.
There are plenty of states where people can be fired from Chick-fil-a (and every other place of employment) because they are gay.

FuzzyDunlop

waste of paint
Reaction score
You know, it gets pretty old when one side constantly misrepresents and distorts what the other sides position is.

I don't think anyone is saying specifically that Chik-Fil-A is homophobic or discriminates against gays. That wouldn't make any sense. And if someone is making that argument, they are incorrect.

What people seem to be saying, is since the CEO donates money he makes to homophobic groups that do try to discriminate against gays, people that don't want their money going to such causes are choosing to boycott their restaurants.

I personally like Chik-Fil-A and am not going to get all drastic and boycott their restaurants, but I could see where some people would, especially people directly impacted by the groups that the CEO supports. I obviously disagree with the guy's politics, but that's just my personal opinion, like it is his.

It is the CEO's right to support any groups that he chooses to. It is also anyone's right to choose not to support the CEO by continuing to purchase his products.

Reaction score
Grilled chicken nuggets are the bomb! I love the shock everyone is in when a higher up in a Christian owned company who closes its doors on Sundays makes a remark like this... It's not going to hurt his bank account and everyone will continue to eat there. Exxon and bp lasted through natural disasters, I'm sure chic-fil-a will survive a pr screw up.

Devildog

Combobulated
Reaction score
To be clear, I think mostly everyone knows that the owner of Chik-Fil-A is a Christian. I have no problem with that. I don't even have a problem with the fact that he said those statements about marriage. Where I have the problem is the payments to anti-gay organizations such as Eagle Forum and Exodus International, which claims to have "freed" people from gaydom.

Mr. Sparkle

Disrespectful to dirt
Reaction score
I support both gay marriage and delicious fried chicken sandwiches served 6 days a week.

If folks want to boycott CFA over the owners' beliefs, it's fine with me. Its the dingbat mayors threatening to ban CFA from their cities that I have a problem with.

And, politics aside, whoever is running CFA knows what they are doing. Every one I've been to has been super clean with very friendly staff. It's like Galatoire's compared to your average McDonalds.

Det. Brees

E tan e epi tas
Reaction score
Chic-fil-a

Chick fil a appreciation day seems to have been a huge success. Having an opposite effect that the media and some extremist want. Several weeks ago the owner of chick fil a stated in a phone interview that he supported traditional marriage. Making no ill statement about gay marriage or its supporters. However our lovely pot stirring media,made attempts to make his statement into an anti gay remark. Since this many members of the gay community have made public statements that what was said was his opinion and based on his faith and not degrading or insulting to the gay community. This Friday will be the gay kiss out day at chic fil a. Looks like that's going to be a win also for the Christian based business.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom