Chinese Surveillance Balloon (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully more contextual information comes out about the past balloons instead of the drive by statement, of course previous administration is denying any knowledge of this happening under their watch, whether that is truthful is yet to be seen or was this kept under the pentagon top brass. Regardless it’s an occurrence that is happening, why aren’t we shooting them down at first sight? This balloon first crossed over Alaska, now there is no safety argument here as that state is more desolate than MT. Have the previous balloons crossed over Alaska and stayed in Canada so the assumption always was nothing to see here and not our problem now? The pentagon stated “briefly” in the US when addressing past balloons.

Cry harder...

Biden: 1

drumpf: -3
Trump is not a rational, logical politician who would be expected to do the right thing or most sensible things, for his own self-interests sometimes and not even the nation's. For all we know, many of these same Republicans couldve been screaming their heads off at him to do something whenever these Chinese spy balloons orbited over and he said "no,". They kind of came to expect Trump to be careless, inconsistent, radical idealogue with authoritian tendencies who was allowed to take full control over the GOP by Republican party leaders in a Faustian bid to prevent Hillary becoming POTUS in 2016. Desperate politicians can make or do desperate, unnecessary decisions or dsngerous risks in the pursuit of power.

They kind of expect Biden to do the most rational thing, from a national security perspective, and when he seemingly stalls or is over-cautious, they'll likely to criticize him.

You have to sort of throw the rulebook away in analyzing and truly understanding Trump. He's far from being your typical American right/left-leaning political paradigm politician or leader like a Reagan, Bush 41 or Bush 43, Obama or Clinton, or even a Desantis, he's an authoritian-leaning far-right nationalist demagogue who uses and manipulates his control of the GOP's grass roots base to consolidate his power and influence and he mostly does what he wants, when he wants even if it goes against his own political party's wishes or preferences on occasion. The closest historical American political analogy to Trump is former, controversial arch-segregationist Alabama Gov. George Wallace.

Congrats to the Raptor for getting its 1st confirmed A/A kill in its 18 years in service!!!

Hopefully more contextual information comes out about the past balloons instead of the drive by statement, of course previous administration is denying any knowledge of this happening under their watch, whether that is truthful is yet to be seen or was this kept under the pentagon top brass. Regardless it’s an occurrence that is happening, why aren’t we shooting them down at first sight? This balloon first crossed over Alaska, now there is no safety argument here as that state is more desolate than MT. Have the previous balloons crossed over Alaska and stayed in Canada so the assumption always was nothing to see here and not our problem now? The pentagon stated “briefly” in the US when addressing past balloons.
I'm not sure I follow here.

Are you trying to say that we need to condemn this administration for action and ignore the previous administrations complete inaction because it doesn't matter that they didn't act as this admin didn't act as fast as you demand?

I'm not sure I follow here.

Are you trying to say that we need to condemn this administration for action and ignore the previous administrations complete inaction because it doesn't matter that they didn't act as this admin didn't act as fast as you demand?
Not at all. It seems that no matter what administration that these balloons are not taken care of at first sighting, can we not shoot them down 6 miles off the coast before they cross to land?

Lol, so please explain why it wasn’t destroyed immediately? I’ve heard the “it could have traveled” argument…but it sure didn’t look like it would “travel” or even do much damage by the looks of it. I’m just confused I guess

Lol, so please explain why it wasn’t destroyed immediately? I’ve heard the “it could have traveled” argument…but it sure didn’t look like it would “travel” or even do much damage by the looks of it. I’m just confused I guess
There are plenty of possible reasons. The government knows more about the balloon than us.

One good reason is that it landing in the water was the best way to make sure we get whatever it was as intact as possible.

I seriously doubt that they balloon was transmitting data back to China during it's trip, so letting it traverse the country posed almost no risk. We are more than capable of jamming its communications.

The public's opinion on this situation is irrelevant.

Since this thread is turning political it is closed.
Take it elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom