Chinese Surveillance Balloon (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is truly baffling to me. The last thing I read is that we're not going to shoot it down because the debris field would be too big and dangerous to people on the ground. Instead, they're just covering up sensitive items in its way or moving things.

Like we're just letting this thing creep across our sovereign territory doing who knows what and accommodating it by simply altering our conduct around it like it's just a wayward animal wandering down the street.

Dude, shoot the thing down, or how do we not have the capability to snatch it with something and take a good hard look at what it is and what it's doing? What, we don't have guided balloon technology that we can attach a crane to? We put humans on the moon for Christ sake.

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills here.

I think the government knows more about the balloon than we do and have decided that not shooting it down is the best course of action. Anything we suggest will be coming from a position of ignorance.

But i think that most likely China expected us to shoot it down, so for that reason alone i think we should not shoot it down.
But they probably know we shouldn’t because they expect it and so we should

This is truly baffling to me. The last thing I read is that we're not going to shoot it down because the debris field would be too big and dangerous to people on the ground. Instead, they're just covering up sensitive items in its way or moving things.

Like we're just letting this thing creep across our sovereign territory doing who knows what and accommodating it by simply altering our conduct around it like it's just a wayward animal wandering down the street.

Dude, shoot the thing down, or how do we not have the capability to snatch it with something and take a good hard look at what it is and what it's doing? What, we don't have guided balloon technology that we can attach a crane to? We put humans on the moon for Christ sake.

I agree, its pure games, so I dont understand why play in this manner, I wish we would deploy the FA-FO sliding scale.

1675527574294.png

Orbital satellites are a thing. Not to mention there are literally daily recon (spy) flights. Instead of asking why we haven't shot it down you should be asking why the Chinese think we haven't shot it down.

This weak arse administration. No recovering from the damage they've done to our schools, society, economy, reputation, military..... if I were a hostile country I'd attack us now. Bet some of you regret voting for Biden now

Lol. Just.. Lol.

This weak arse administration. No recovering from the damage they've done to our schools, society, economy, reputation, military..... if I were a hostile country I'd attack us now. Bet some of you regret voting for Biden now
Man I wish I could be shocked at the ********* of this post

Biden is thinking about directing the military to shoot the balloon down over US territorial waters once it exits the Carolinas and hits the Atlantic.

I've read that the balloon is at an altitude to where jets can approach and engage, somewhere around 46K feet. i've also read that there is likely AI guiding the balloon, which would totallly dispel the theory that westerly air currents knocked it off course.

This is a deliberate move by China to test the US. What type of test, IDK. Perhaps the fact that the balloon literally made it into the US and hovered over an iCBM facility mostly undetected.

Part of me would like to see where it ends up going. Any data they wanted they already have. What happens after it leaves here?

There are many places for this kind of nonsense, unfortunately. I’m so very glad it’s not here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom