Chinese Surveillance Balloon (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This whole mess is so dumb. It should have been shot down the moment it was seen over Montana. The DoD’s claims of danger from falling debris seem to have forgotten that there is almost no one in Montana. You just need to move 2 people and a 100 sq miles will be instantly cleared.

I’m not buying the claims of the balloon being hard to shoot down either. It’s well in the range of an AIM-120 AMRAAM or AMRAAM-ER launched from an F-15 or F-22. Heck, and F-15 can shoot down a satellite with the right missile.

I've been wondering if the balloon is transmitting data. If it is, are we jamming it.....if it isn't, then China doesn't have any info until they recover it.

This whole mess is so dumb. It should have been shot down the moment it was seen over Montana. The DoD’s claims of danger from falling debris seem to have forgotten that there is almost no one in Montana. You just need to move 2 people and a 100 sq miles will be instantly cleared.

I’m not buying the claims of the balloon being hard to shoot down either. It’s well in the range of an AIM-120 AMRAAM or AMRAAM-ER launched from an F-15 or F-22. Heck, and F-15 can shoot down a satellite with the right missile.
I'm not really buying the debris field excuse either. Just say you don't want to shoot it down instead of weak excuses. That thing has flown over some pretty open country. If they wanted it down it would've been down.

So Chinese balloon is okay, but Chinese virus was racist?

:jpshakehead:

Not to argue one way or another- but just objectively speaking- i never once heard Covid referred to as the Chinese Virus, only the “China Virus”.. again, im not saying it makes it better or worse, so dont come at me with “Big deal! What’s the diff?!”.. im just saying if youre gonna make that comparison, then just be accurate.. Secondly, the virus killed over a million people in America alone.. this balloon, while it could be dangerous from a national security perspective- isnt currently threatening American lives like the virus did.. again, just trying to help you make an apples to apples comparison .

This weak arse administration. No recovering from the damage they've done to our schools, society, economy, reputation, military..... if I were a hostile country I'd attack us now. Bet some of you regret voting for Biden now
Making everything political is stupid.

Not to argue one way or another- but just objectively speaking- i never once heard Covid referred to as the Chinese Virus, only the “China Virus”.. again, im not saying it makes it better or worse, so dont come at me with “Big deal! What’s the diff?!”.. im just saying if youre gonna make that comparison, then just be accurate.. Secondly, the virus killed over a million people in America alone.. this balloon, while it could be dangerous from a national security perspective- isnt currently threatening American lives like the virus did.. again, just trying to help you make an apples to apples comparison .
So you’re saying that all apples look alike?
Got it…

This weak arse administration. No recovering from the damage they've done to our schools, society, economy, reputation, military..... if I were a hostile country I'd attack us now. Bet some of you regret voting for Biden now

lol

I want to comment quickly on those that say they should have shot it down over MT.

It was moving within the winds at least and via propulsion at worst. You shoot it, it isnt falling straight down - it falls at a rate of 32 ft/s/s and at the vector concurrent with its speed starting at 60k feet, or twice what a commercial jet flies at.

In other words, you might shoot it in Montana, but it will glide and will land hundreds of miles from that point.

And just to be clear, anything it hits falling at that velocity will be destroyed. Completely.

If that is your home ir business or car etc that it hits you are probably going to be P'Oed and the whole media world will kill the administration for recklessly shoot it down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom