Chop block on Dorsey (1 Viewer)

bclemms

More than 15K posts served!
Reaction score
Can the NCAA or the SEC do anything to Chaz Ramsey for that play? Outside of Albert Haynesworth I can't recall anything that was that obvious with intent. I'm really upset. When I saw the replay I felt like driving to BR and throwing battery acid in that kids eyes. I was sitting on the couch screaming words that shouldn't be screamed in front of kids.

No game is big enough to ruin such a promising career and that was the intent behind that hit.

I posted Key Ramsey's (Chaz's father) phone number online after finding out he was from Madison, Ms and the number was available on google just after it happened and feel bad for it now since I am sure his father wouldn't approve either.

Now if I had Chaz's number I would post that junk everywhere.

Anyway, he should lose at least a years eligibility for that hit.

bclemms, I wont defend what Chaz Ramsey did. Even though I am an Auburn fan, I will agree with you that it was a cheap shot and one that could have ended a promising career. Thats all I will say on the matter too. Dorsey is hopefully going to make a recovery. I hope he is back to play soon on your team

If this were the NFL, that player would be getting a fine in a day or two. It would be nice to see the NCAA fine the program or the coach or something for plays like that. There's no place for chop blocking anywhere. Dorsey is just lucky his ligaments weren't ruptured on that play.

It was a strained right knee. He should be OK..

The first paragraph summed up exactly what I was thinking. Right down to Haynesworth. That play was so blatant. He ought to be suspended a few games at least, but I doubt it will happen. I still can't believe he got away with it.

I was so enraged as well. It is completely unacceptable at any level. I did not even know that sort of play still happened...I hear about it but never see it. There should be a huge suspension for anyone who does it. I hate saying that only after it happened to one of my guys, but I seriously do not recall the last time I saw it happen (not saying it does not, I just havent noticed).

It was a strained right knee. He should be OK..

Doesn't matter.

If he blew Dorsey's knee out his draft stock would have instantly dropped to at least the middle of the first round. He would not have been back to full strength until 2009 and the odds of reinjuring the knee goes up greatly.

He could be the first player taken in the draft which equates to about $60 million. If he falls to 15th then he gets about $12 million and 15th in the draft would be high for a player with an injured knee.

I still wont feel safe until his MRI is negative (honestly, his knee would have blown up with swelling if he tore an ACL...or even one of his other ligaments)...but a partial tear still cannot be ruled out via physical exam alone.

Doesn't matter.

If he blew Dorsey's knee out his draft stock would have instantly dropped to at least the middle of the first round. He would not have been back to full strength until 2009 and the odds of reinjuring the knee goes up greatly.

He could be the first player taken in the draft which equates to about $60 million. If he falls to 15th then he gets about $12 million and 15th in the draft would be high for a player with an injured knee.

He probably could have even fell further. Look at Alan Branch. He was projected to be a top 10 pick, then rumors came out that he had lingering leg injuries. 2nd rounder. Dirty, dirty play.

Doesn't matter.

I can guarantee, no one will take a DT 1st much less pay him 1st pick money being a rookie..

I still wont feel safe until his MRI is negative (honestly, his knee would have blown up with swelling if he tore an ACL...or even one of his other ligaments)...but a partial tear still cannot be ruled out via physical exam alone.

I agree 100%. That was a vicious hit and 9/10 that is a blown ACL. The sideline tests are pretty good but you can't really tell until the MRI results come back. Jamal Brown was out for the season in camp because of the trainers judgement on the sidelines, it certainly isn't 100%.

I can guarantee, no one will take a DT 1st much less pay him 1st pick money being a rookie..

Signed,
Dan Wilkinson
Steve Emtman
Russell Maryland
Kenneth Sims
Walt Patulski
Buck Buchanan

Why not? The Texans took a DE first and paid him 1st pick money. If a DT is the best player in the draft a team would be dumb not to take him first. It's not like it's not an impact position.

Signed,
Dan Wilkinson
Steve Emtman
Russell Maryland
Kenneth Sims
Walt Patulski
Buck Buchanan

How much did it cost to sign them?

I'm sure it wasn't 6 year for 68 million with 40 guaranteed money..

Roughly estimating though..Comparing DE to DT is apples to oranges IMO.

How much did it cost to sign them?

I'm sure it wasn't 6 year for 68 million with 40 guaranteed money..

Roughly estimating though..Comparing DE to DT is apples to oranges IMO.

All those guys were drafted as DT's not DE's.

I know what you are saying because Cory Redding is the highest paid DT in the league after signing a contract worth $49 million. If Cory freaking Redding can get that much then Dorsey getting $60 million is not far fetched. If the Rams get the first pick then the only way Dorsey doesn't go #1 is because they trade down. If the Dolphins get the #1 pick then they will draft a QB or that fan base, at least what is left of them, will burn down Pro Player Stadium.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom