Chris Canty (1 Viewer)

CaliSaint4Life

Amakakeru Ryu no Hirameki
VIP Contributor
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
Giants part ways with Chris Canty too | ProFootballTalk
The team has announced the release of defensive tackle Chris Canty on Wednesday, running the number of veterans slashed from the roster in the last two days to three. Linebacker Michael Boley and running back Ahmad Bradshaw are also out after a 9-7 season that ended with the Giants missing the playoffs.
I'm more interested in this than the Bradshaw signing. He could be a good 5-tech DE for us. I'm not sure how the d-line will play out. If we sign Ryan, then I know we are going 1-gap and that could mean that Hicks is our DT (though I'd prefer him at DE). Canty was a good pass rusher and run player for this Giants this year and he only played a bit over half of the season (I think).

I'm not sure how all of this will shake out with our defense and who they plan to play where, but the 5-tech market just got a bit deeper. Something to keep an eye on.

This guy causes havoc for offenses and was batting passes with JPP. We should pick him up.

I like it. He played 5-tech for Dallas...under Grantham if Im not mistaken. Probably can get him on the cheap.

I was thinking this earlier.. He does have a habit of being banged up though

I like it. He played 5-tech for Dallas...under Grantham if Im not mistaken. Probably can get him on the cheap.
Yeah, I don't remember if Grantham was there or not yet. To be honest, I don't remember much about him while he was at Dallas. I know in New York, he's been a good all around player. He seemed to perform really well in a 4-man front, but I'm not sure how he'd do in a uneven front. I do know that he was a 5-tech in Dallas though.

If anyone has any information on him in 2008 or remember something, I'd be glad to hear it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom