Chris Carter, maybe? (1 Viewer)

Did you see what the next topic was going to be, once they finished discussing Dez? "Can Cam Newton cement his 2nd MVP tonight vs Big Ben?" I threw up a little in my mouth.

Love him or hate him ... Cris Carter has some perspective on Bryant's situation. Carter knows what it's like to be kicked to the curb by your first franchise and become a reclamation project for another team.

So far as age goes: Carter made six Pro Bowls and one All Pro Team after he turned 30. He also led the NFL in receiving TDs three times after age 30

Nice clip and info. Thanks!

I’m not saying that Cris Carter is right or wrong, but his comments took some of the excitement over this signing down a few notches.

Dez is not ready to play yet, and it remains to be seen how long it will take him to get ready... both physically and mentally (w/ the playbook).

In the meantime, hopefully TQS can continue to make steady progress and become even more of a factor in the offense.

Speaking of, I had a Panther fan friend just send me this and it made me do the same.

@JRead2 as I forgot to quote your post about Cam lol.

Attachments

• A48ABD2A-FDA8-4E55-8F90-4477EDEF5975.gif
    A48ABD2A-FDA8-4E55-8F90-4477EDEF5975.gif
    574.4 KB · Views: 4
Love him or hate him ... Cris Carter has some perspective on Bryant's situation. Carter knows what it's like to be kicked to the curb by your first franchise and become a reclamation project for another team.

So far as age goes: Carter made six Pro Bowls and one All Pro Team after he turned 30. He also led the NFL in receiving TDs three times after age 30

And he’s a HOF’er I believe. And the closest comparison imo that I can see so far to MT.

I do think MT has the ability to be even better and that’s a huge compliment from my perspective.

I’m not saying that Cris Carter is right or wrong, but his comments took some of the excitement over this signing down a few notches.

Dez is not ready to play yet, and it remains to be seen how long it will take him to get ready... both physically and mentally (w/ the playbook).

In the meantime, hopefully TQS can continue to make steady progress and become even more of a factor in the offense.

I dont know that it will take Dez long to become a factor. He doesnt have to learn the entire playbook. Just his part where we need him to start with. There's only so many route concepts a wr has to learn. The rest is all technique. He has all that.

Timing routes and option routes may take time for him and drew to get on the same page. So those might have to wait. But there's plenty vanilla ways we can use him day one. I think the only question is where hes at physically. But after receiving several contract offers... I'd think hes st least close to ready in that aspect.

In the meantime, hopefully, TQS can continue to make steady progress and become even more of a factor in the offense.

I think we need to just be realistic with our expectations. The status quo is pretty good right now, and it will take time for him to be a contributing factor. TQS is limited in his ability at the moment but I think he continues to play and we will be fine until Dez is in football shape and has the playbook and timing down. I feel like we have made it through the strongest part of a really hard schedule without him but we will need him soon. CC pointed out that Curtis Johnson will be working with him around the clock and I think it will be the Cowboys game buy the time he is comfortable enough to be successful. Does not mean he won't have 2-3 targets until then but that's what I'm expecting.

losing 5 pounds will help but I also think he will be sore and just not football ready for a few weeks cause he will be working really hard to have this offense down. I really want him for the Eagles game though. Falcons on the short week as well would be nice. Dallas looks like our easiest game in the next 4 weeks. He should be fully integrated by then as a real threat with the ball in his hands.

Out of all the shows on all the sports networks, Cris Carter and Nick Wright are the very best on pretty much a daily basis.

Dez Bryant will get single coverage from a number 2 or 3 CB at best. He will win those matchups, just depends how long it takes him to get comfortable with system. Don't doubt that Coach Payton will put him on one side of the field by himself just to see who's going to guard him. That could happen early and Drew might even throw him a few passes. Even early Dez will win the 1 on 1's with a weak CB.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom