Chris Collinsworth's team to beat in the NFC.. (1 Viewer)

My feeling is that just like last year with the Jets Brett's age will show and he will start to falter down the stretch

It's not really just last year either. In the previous 4 years in weeks 11-17:
1.5 int/game
.96 TD/game
14-14 record
58.7% comp %
70.35 QB rating

not the stats of someone who can reliably close out a season

How in the world can he say they are the team to beat? On THREE occassions it's come down to the last 30 seconds. They ESCAPED on two of them and lost on the last. If they are the team to beat, then why in the world are they not putting opponents away...like some other team I know :D

They have gotten lucky...PERIOD! Wait until game 10 and on and let's see how Favre is holding up. AP can run like no other, but if Favre is not 100%, then they are in a world of hurt!!!
This. The Vikings are a hail mary pass and a missed 40 yd FG away from being 4-3.

The respected analysts at Football Outsiders don't even show the Vikings as the 2nd or 3rd best team in the NFC behind the Saints. (Those teams are the Packers and Eagles respectively.)

FO.com rates the Vikings 8th overall -- 14th on offense and 13th on defense. (Saints are #1 overall - 2 on offense, 5th on defense)

I agree with other posters -- I think the Vikings have been very fortunate. Their pass defense is in the bottom half of the league and the NFL has become a passing league. And Favre has shown a tendency to fade later in season.

I think the Giants, Eagles, and Packers are bigger threats to the Saints.

The Vikings thus far have been the benefactor of Farve magic.

I seriously doubt that the media idiots would actually be split on a Vikings- Saints match-up. I would think it would be closer to a 80/20 split in the Saints favor. The 20% fools will only pick the upset to show how clever they really are. LOL

Plus, You can only be the "team to be beat," since we are the only undefeated team in the NFC. Collinsworth obviously doesn't even know aht the term really means. Everyone is chasing US, therefore (logic here) we ARE the "team to beat." If you don't, then you are 2nd to US.

Now, if that idiot is really meaning the "best team in the NFC," then he can pick the Eagles for all I care. I don't care if we are the 3rd best team in the NFC, if win the ring who cares! LOL

Most of the media idiots are assuming the Saints are overachieving, therefore eventually we will fizzle out to our true level. This is the same goofy logic why they said the Saints are the best team NOW, but the Giants will be in January.

:mwink:

--

anyone remember the last time we had to go to minn for a playoff game? it was brutal, i mean they did have randy moss at the time... and we are 10x the time we were back then.. but still i just hope history doesnt repeat itself... i know we will make it to the bowl if we can manage to lock down homefield throughout... the earth will shake from the noise at the dome if we get to host the NFCCG..

How do you count the young receivers as an advantage? Yeah, they're good but they're not that experienced. That will show up at some point. The Saints receiving corps is better than the Vikings top to bottom, and they've been doing it a while. That will count when a playoff game is on the line. The Saints are a couple notches above the Vikings. I'm sure we'll have a game to confirm this.

I was going to agree
image.php
with you completely and then
image.php
I lost my train of thought for a
image.php
moment for some reason and decided
image.php
that I like pears.
image.php

LOL :hihi:

Undefeated Saints or a team that should have 3 losses on the season?? I'll go with the Saints.

I say the Packers are the second best team in the NFC and that more will be on their bandwagon after they whip the Vikings this week.

I am not going to put the cart before the horse here, but with the Packers O-Line being decimated by injuries the guys in my sig pic, should be able to go off on Rodgers..

he is just saying it to be popular, it was a Minn radio station... bet he'd say the same thing on a new orleans or Giants station

Undefeated Saints or a team that should have 3 losses on the season?? I'll go with the Saints.

Of the Vikings remaining schedule (after this week), I can see two or three games that should be tough:

November
Home vs: Detroit (Basically a bye week where you get credit for a win) Home vs. Seattle (Easy Win) Home vs. Bears (challenging but winnable)

December:
At Arizona (Winnable but challenging) Home vs. Cincy (winnable) At Carolina (See Detroit or Seattle) At Chicago (potential loss) Home vs. Giants (could be meaningless for one or both teams)

The Saints do if memory serves me right have an easier schedule, their most challenging game will be vs. New England..

I do say the Saints have a better shot at home field advantage, and if the Vikings and Saints meet, it will be hella fun.

anyone remember the last time we had to go to minn for a playoff game? it was brutal, i mean they did have randy moss at the time... and we are 10x the time we were back then.. but still i just hope history doesnt repeat itself...

Ok in that game, we were playing with Aaron Brooks at QB (who was our back up at the time), Willie Jackson at WR!! We had a lot of injuries that season and they were just happy to be there. Vikings were coming off a bye with their full compliment of starters. Saints had no shot!
As far as Collinsworth goes, he, like a lot of media types this year, will have his opinions rendered meaningless by the end of the season because he doesnt watch all the teams. He only keeps up with the popular names (i.e. the Giants, Brett Farve, etc.). You can tell which analysts have watched the Saints and which have not.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom