Chris Collinsworth's team to beat in the NFC.. (1 Viewer)

Saint-Ragnar

"Official" Vikings Fan/GM
Reaction score
I heard Chris Collinsworth say on a local (Twin Cities area) radio station that he thinks the Vikings are the team to beat in the NFC this year.

He says that the combination of the young recievers like Sidney Rice, Percy Harvin, the massive O-Line, the Best Running back in the league, the deep D-Line, the good corners (especially Anoine Winfield) make the Vikings the team to beat in the NFC.

I think if the Vikings and Saints meet this year, it will be one hell of a game and that they might need to hire an extra scorebaord guy to keep up with all the offense.

I bet if you asked 100 different experts, about 45% of them would say the Vikings are a better team, about 45% of them would say the Saints are a better team, and the other 10% might try to make a weak argument for someone like the Cowgirls or Giants, and then Madden would just say Brett Favre, Brett Favre, Brett Favre....

I am a Vikings fan first, but a Saints fan second, and I wanted to see what y'all think.

I think you can make a credible case for the Vikings or the Saints.

I heard Chris Collinsworth say on a local (Twin Cities area) radio station that he thinks the Vikings are the team to beat in the NFC this year.

He says that the combination of the young recievers like Sidney Rice, Percy Harvin, the massive O-Line, the Best Running back in the league, the deep D-Line, the good corners (especially Anoine Winfield) make the Vikings the team to beat in the NFC.

I think if the Vikings and Saints meet this year, it will be one hell of a game and that they might need to hire an extra scorebaord guy to keep up with all the offense.

I bet if you asked 100 different experts, about 45% of them would say the Vikings are a better team, about 45% of them would say the Saints are a better team, and the other 10% might try to make a weak argument for someone like the Cowgirls or Giants, and then Madden would just say Brett Favre, Brett Favre, Brett Favre....

I am a Vikings fan first, but a Saints fan second, and I wanted to see what y'all think.
You can't be a true fan of both. Especially when they are both in the NFC.

Ummm...probably would be a close game. Minn's offense is good with all those playmakers. However I think Collingsworth is giving your secondary too much credit. We all know what Winfield can do but they given up alot of yards through the air. Your front seven is really, really good. I think there are advantages both teams have over each other. However, I think the Saints would win (of course).

I think this weekend goes a long way for home field advantage... Vikings have a VERY tough task ahead trying to beat the Pack in Green Bay. We have the 4-2 Falcons at home, and the Giants have been exposed in back to back weeks...

I'll be a die hard Packer fan on Sunday. A 2 game cushion would be real nice going into CAR, STL, TB.

yea as of right now it definitely looks like a Farve-Brees matchup in the NFCCG but its still a long season for both teams.. Farve has been passing a pretty good bit lately, im interested to see how that holds up through week 12 or 13

I say the Packers are the second best team in the NFC and that more will be on their bandwagon after they whip the Vikings this week.

I think i speak for everyone when i say," I hate Chris Collinisworth!"
As a matter of fact I get annoyed playing Madden because i have to ear his voice!

The Vikings do scare me in a possible NFC championship scenario. But I gotta believe in my boys. We did shut down AD last year in the dome on MNF, and probably would have won the game if it wasn't for Antoine Winfield making some amazing plays and a missed FG. Your D-line and LBs are studs, but the secondary has been exposed before and Farve would have to keep up w/Brees, which is unlikely.

The Vikings do scare me in a possible NFC championship scenario. But I gotta believe in my boys. We did shut down AD last year in the dome on MNF, and probably would have won the game if it wasn't for Antoine Winfield making some amazing plays and a missed FG. Your D-line and LBs are studs, but the secondary has been exposed before and Farve would have to keep up w/Brees, which is unlikely.

I was going to agree
image.php
with you completely and then
image.php
I lost my train of thought for a
image.php
moment for some reason and decided
image.php
that I like pears.
image.php

The "good corners" arguement doesn't make much sense to me.

The Vikings pass defense is pretty crappy regardless of what names they have in the secondary.

They are the teams to beat. I do like Brees vs. the Vikings secondary. Remember, this ain't the steelers and their 25 points or less a game.....this is the Saints and our 39 points a game. I would prefer if we met we did so in our dome, not theirs.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom