Chris Cooley TE (1 Viewer)

Trey W.

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
When Chris started out he was a great TE on an average team with very average QB's. He put up really good numbers but the past 2 years has been non-existent. He's played with QB's like Mark Brunell, Patrick Ramsey, Jason Campell, Donovan McNabb, and Rex Grossman. Despite having these QB's throwing him the ball, he still managed over 50 catches for 5 years in a row (he was hurt and only played in 7 games in '09). He's had 2 seasons over 70 catches and 1 over 80. Now in the FA he's amoung the bottom of the barrel players. I don't watch or follow the Redskins so I don't know what the deal is. Has he really declined this much or what?

Would he be a good fit in David Thomas's role that is now open?

I am not going to pretend to know a whole lot about him, but from what I have seen, it seems to me like he is much more of a receiving tight end than a blocking one. I think we will be looking to replace Thomas with another player like him, versatility being the key with an emphasis on blocking.

Brandon Myers, the ex-raider would be my choice of what is left, but seems that he may end in Cleveland.

brandon myers would be a real coup if we ended up getting him

he is starter material and has been successful with mediocre QBs

I am not going to pretend to know a whole lot about him, but from what I have seen, it seems to me like he is much more of a receiving tight end than a blocking one. I think we will be looking to replace Thomas with another player like him, versatility being the key with an emphasis on blocking.

I agree. Being in the DC area, I have seen him play quite a bit. It isn't so much that he's a pure receiving TE, he can play the complete position - but given his health situation in recent times, it's just a recipe for IR if you put him in that role.

I think it's a bad idea.

I'd rather see what Michael Higgins can do with more experience. Not all that interested in signing an over the hill distraction.

Cooley was on the street last year until Davis went down. Seems like a really cool guy though. He tried to get a case of beer included in his contract when he signed mid-season, but Snyder and their dork GM wouldn't do it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom