Chris Ivory gets 2nd round tender. (1 Viewer)

Trading PT or Sproles is crazy talk. Not gonna happen. No reason for it to happen. I really like Ivory but he will never be more than a low carry back because of his health issues. I think we will get something for him and anything is better than nothing as we NEED MORE PICKS.
I think the jury is still out on Ingram. Last year was no indication of what he could do. The majority of his carries were first down straight up the middle and every Saint fan and every team knew that's exactly what he was gonna do.
How do you pay for all these running salaries then, I agree on one we are not trading Sproles. But PT has a trade able salary and has enough market value to make it happen. Ingram, no matter how much haters hate him, is not going anywhere. You guys won the Bush agrument but the money is not on your side this time

Show you right they like him. They would be crazy if they dont get a 2nd for IV. Anything else would be uncivilized. He is itching to break out!!! With SP back in the fold i expect our RBs' to get plenty of touches to go around for everybody. Plus Brees would be kept upright if we can not keep Bushrod.

Thats the problem...there are not enough touches to go around for everybody.

Feature Ivory. Yeah he will be great for about 2 games. Then he will have a hamstring. He has had a hamstring on and off since his college days. You think that is magically gonna change. My daughter is a doctor and she says that when a muscle is injured you get scar tissue. The more it is injured the more scar tissue you have. The more scar tissue you have the more likely it will be to get injured as the muscle is weakened.
Sorry Ivory lovers. I love the kid to but his hamstring injuries are gonna get worse not better.

I LOVE how you state a well-known fact and it gets the hell red-thumbed out of it. LOL. It's the same in MMA/boxing or any other combat sport but specifically MMA, when a fighter gets cut open repeatedly over years of training and competing, it doesn't heal, it forms scar tissue which is easier to open than normal skin. Look at guys like Forrest Griffin and Spencer Fisher, they get busted open every fight due to the amount of scar tissue they have on their brow line.

What do we do the other half of the season when Ivory is injured?

Dead on.

Ingram has missed as much time as Ivory. This is true.

Not exactly correct. Ivory has actually missed twice as many games as Ingram has, despite being in the league for one year longer. Last year was the only year where Ivory was scratched when he was healthy. In 2011, he was on the PUP for the first 6 games and missed the next game against the Colts (62-7 blowout) since he wasn't at 100%, and then Ingram went down late with the heel injury. The rest of the games were due to injury if I remember correctly.

In 51 total games (regular season and post-season), Ivory has played in 26 of them. Of the remaining 25, he's missed 7 due to healthy scratches (all in 2012) and 18 of them due to injury (3 in 2012, Weeks 14-16; 10 in 2011, Weeks 1-7, 10, 12 and 13; and 5 in 2010, Weeks 1, 2, 15, 16, and the WC game).

In 34 total games (regular season and post-season), Ingram also has played in 26 of his total possible games. That leaves only 8 games he's missed (all in 2011, Weeks 8, 9, 14-17, and the 2 play-off games).

So in one less season, Ingram has already played the same amount of games, and Ivory has been injured twice as much as Ingram.

Last edited:
I wouldn't really use the words Ingram and power back in the same sentence. He's a great guy, but I haven't seen him lower his shoulder once in the NFL and really deliver a blow.

Really? Not "lower his shoulder once in the NFL and really deliver a blow"??? Dude, either youre not watching the games, or your bias is clouding your vision. Not only do I see power, but I see agility, and a nose for the endzone. We simply have too many guys to feed at RB. You have to take the good with the bad, guys are gonna get stuffed, fumble, lose yards, etc. Not only does this vid prove your statement false, but its a sample of what we would be getting if we actually ran him more.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/old-bv0ixuA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

How do you pay for all these running salaries then, I agree on one we are not trading Sproles. But PT has a trade able salary and has enough market value to make it happen. Ingram, no matter how much haters hate him, is not going anywhere. You guys won the Bush agrument but the money is not on your side this time

These guys are not expensive.

Nobody is getting traded guys, and i am fine with that. U never know when injuries will come.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Really? Not "lower his shoulder once in the NFL and really deliver a blow"??? Dude, either youre not watching the games, or your bias is clouding your vision. Not only do I see power, but I see agility, and a nose for the endzone. We simply have too many guys to feed at RB. You have to take the good with the bad, guys are gonna get stuffed, fumble, lose yards, etc. Not only does this vid prove your statement false, but its a sample of what we would be getting if we actually ran him more.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/old-bv0ixuA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

YOu're going on this video to prove you're point?? His bad runs out number his good ones 50 or 75 to 1.

YOu're going on this video to prove you're point?? His bad runs out number his good ones 50 or 75 to 1.

No, I based it on watching games and also knowing the ebb and flow of the games we've played in the last few years. The video was the first one I saw with his Saints highlights. He was a rookie, and got hurt at the end of his 1st season. Came into year 2 with all the bounty crap, and was not exactly healthy at the beginning of the year either. We had no Sean Payton. We rarely led, thus EVERYONE of our RBs underperformed. Cant really establish the run if your playing catch up, right? I based it on the end of the year, when he was getting healthy.

Hey, I get it. Some of us love to hate on our guys for whatever reason. Do your thing, thats you right as a fan. I personally support ALL OUR GUYS. I can see what Ingram is capable of, when he's given the chance. Heck, Drew had an off year, Sproles, Jimmy Graham, Colston, our O-line, and our entire D fell off last season. Stats dont tell the whole story. I guess Im just guilty for backing up one of our players.

and right on queue

train-wreck-o.gif

No, I based it on watching games and also knowing the ebb and flow of the games we've played in the last few years. The video was the first one I saw with his Saints highlights. He was a rookie, and got hurt at the end of his 1st season. Came into year 2 with all the bounty crap, and was not exactly healthy at the beginning of the year either. We had no Sean Payton. We rarely led, thus EVERYONE of our RBs underperformed. Cant really establish the run if your playing catch up, right? I based it on the end of the year, when he was getting healthy.

Hey, I get it. Some of us love to hate on our guys for whatever reason. Do your thing, thats you right as a fan. I personally support ALL OUR GUYS. I can see what Ingram is capable of, when he's given the chance. Heck, Drew had an off year, Sproles, Jimmy Graham, Colston, our O-line, and our entire D fell off last season. Stats dont tell the whole story. I guess Im just guilty for backing up one of our players.

That's what I like to see right there. People just love to bash just to say, "oh I told you so!" This self-righteous bull**** needs to stop.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom