Chris Ivory gets 2nd round tender. (2 Viewers)

Ive never been a big PT fan but PT will be turning 29 this season. I really like the idea of ingram as our big power back, sproils who is also 29 as our speedster, an ivory as our 3rd down and relief runner.

There is so much of this statement that makes no sense.

Ive never been a big PT fan but PT will be turning 29 this season. I really like the idea of ingram as our big power back, sproils who is also 29 as our speedster, an ivory as our 3rd down and relief runner.

Yeah, Ingram really puts fear in opposing defenses with all that power.. Those LB's must start shaking when they see him get the ball.

Never been a PT fan??? You've lost all football credibility with me for now.

Ivory will not draw anything higher than a 5th or so at best in a trade.

And if he is that good, then why would you trade him to a division rival where you will face him twice per year. I think you know how that story will end. You trade him to an AFC team you that you will face once every four years.

Nobody said anything about trading him to a division rival. We DON'T want him going to a division rival, nor a conference rival because then we'll face him every 3 years (not including matching seed # games) instead of every 4 years if he'd be in the AFC, as you've mentioned.

The reason we gave Ivory the 2nd round tender is to scare away our division rivals. Mainly the Falcons, because they need a back now Turner is gone; the Panthers aren't in dire need of one and the Bucs just locked up their bruiser in Blount with a new contract. So it's only the Falcons. We gave him the 2nd round tender, but that doesn't mean we have to receive a 2nd rounder. We can trade him for a lesser pick plus a player to another team. We just have to match any other offer.

Think of it like season tickets if you have them. You (the Saints) have the first-right of refusal to renew your seats (Ivory) as long as you own the rights; if you don't pay your invoices, the tickets will be forfeited to someone on the season-ticket waiting list (other teams in the NFL making offers to Ivory). Whatever the other teams offer us for the "rights" to Ivory, the Saints have the choice to match their offer. If we don't, then they get him. The 2nd round tender is mainly to scare off the Falcons.

Yeah, Ingram really puts fear in opposing defenses with all that power.. Those LB's must start shaking when they see him get the ball.

Never been a PT fan??? You've lost all football credibility with me for now.

So have u for pretending like u havent seen ingram carry a crowd on his back or truck or juke or stiff arm or spin off a defender.

He has....knock it off

I agree. You beat me to it.

Show you right they like him. They would be crazy if they dont get a 2nd for IV. Anything else would be uncivilized. He is itching to break out!!! With SP back in the fold i expect our RBs' to get plenty of touches to go around for everybody. Plus Brees would be kept upright if we can not keep Bushrod.

Show you right they like him. They would be crazy if they dont get a 2nd for IV. Anything else would be uncivilized. He is itching to break out!!! With SP back in the fold i expect our RBs' to get plenty of touches to go around for everybody. Plus Brees would be kept upright if we can not keep Bushrod.

I don't know how to say this another way: there is no way on earth we are getting a high draft pick for Ivory. None. Zero. Zilch.

RBs are close to worthless in terms of value in today's NFL. And Ivory was an UDFA that has done very little of note besides a big run vs the Falcons, has gotten hurt every year, but has a great running style that local fans like.

His value is not high. I'm sorry if this hurts the feelings of some, but it is reality.

We won't keep all of our RBs, and rendering him was a way to not lose him for nothing. Someone, whether its Ivory, PT, Ingram, Sproles will be gone (with Ivory being very likely).

Just keep them through camp and who ever gets injured gets cut or put on IR, if no one gets hurt then you look a trading someone.

if anyone gives up anything higher than a 5th round they are seriously desperate. He shows flashes but that means nothing if he's only good for 4 games in a season.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom