Chris Ivory gets 2nd round tender. (2 Viewers)

or Pierre is on the way out or they want to get compensated for Ivory

The Saints need draft picks.....with Ivory making nearly every "sleeper" free agent list and teams already leaking their interest in him they had to tender him. A second round tender is perfect - high enough to scare off the Falcons (I seriously believe they were going to target him and would have signed him had the tender been a 4th or lower) but will allow them to negotiate for a lower pick. I hate to see Ivory go but this move will allow the team to get something in return for him.

I dont think we will trade/cut any RB. Its a good thing to be stacked at that position and im sure Payton agrees.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

not every team is in the financial situation we're in. some GM could get drawn in with his 2010 stats when he racked up over 700 yds. seems like a stretch but ive seen much crazier things than getting a 2nd for ivory.

I think its Pierre Thomas that gets traded this offseason. I love the guy too but ultimately he has the most trade value out of all our running backs and is also very cap friendly to us to move him(no dead money)

Bet 10 bucks no one gets trades.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

I think its Pierre Thomas that gets traded this offseason. I love the guy too but ultimately he has the most trade value out of all our running backs and is also very cap friendly to us to move him(no dead money)

This is what I've suspected. I think they love and value Pierre, but know or think they have others that can get the job done, and get something back in return for a trade. It sucks...PT is probably the most underrated back in the NFL and on the Saints roster for what he can do. Nobody can run a screen like PT.

I don't remember the precise number of people "No way the saints put 2nd round tender on ivory" but oh, quite a few. Curious to see what will happen next with him

Pierre Thomas will be a Saint in 2013.

Somebody is not going to be there.....Ingram isn't going anywhere, as he was Payton's personal pick. Sproles isn't going anywhere, and neither is Cadet. Putting a 2nd rd tender on Ivory tells me they see they can free up a couple Million and get something back. I guess it is possible they could still trade Ivory.....but nobody is giving up a 2nd for him...I'd say not even a 3rd unless something else is part of the deal.

Somebody is not going to be there.....Ingram isn't going anywhere, as he was Payton's personal pick. Sproles isn't going anywhere, and neither is Cadet. Putting a 2nd rd tender on Ivory tells me they see they can free up a couple Million and get something back. I guess it is possible they could still trade Ivory.....but nobody is giving up a 2nd for him...I'd say not even a 3rd unless something else is part of the deal.
You don't get rid of your best all around back.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom