Chris Ivory Scouting Report (1 Viewer)

He's a poor fit for your pass first offense just like he was here. He's talented but if he's to be best utilized he needs to go to a team like the Jets. And that's all making the huge assumption that he can stay healthy.

has anyone mentioned the Jaguars???

Jones Drew is recovering from injury and might also be a candidate for trade and beyond that they don't really know what they have as their other back is a FA this year as well i think. Correct me if im wrong.

Just a thought.

I really don't want Ivory running against us, he better be on our team, he is a beast, that wears the defense down trying to tackle this beast, the problem with the saints last year is we didn't run enough and we didn't run enough with the right rbs , More Ivory, less Ingram

When he's healthy he's one of the best runners in the league. Even with his other flaws he'd make a great starter for a lot of teams. But he'll never be able to carry that kind of load, if you try to force 200-250 carries a season on him he'll be out of the league in a hurry. The guy is made of glass.

I pretty much agree.

It seems running backs really are "dime-a-dozen" nowadays and as much as it would suck to lose him without compensation when we really could use it, it may just happen.

This is why I'm not a GM. There are a lot of teams that really need a running back and paying a couple million a year for one isn't that bad (it's just that we already do that for three others)and I doubt it happens with Ivory's injury history.

Arizona
Chicago
Green Bay
Atlanta
St. Louis (depends on Jackson)
NYJ
Miami (depends on Bush)
Dallas
Detroit
Oakland
San Diego
Indianapolis

Ivory, when healthy, is better than all of these teams starting backs.
Better than Matt Forte? :scratch:

He's a poor fit for your pass first offense just like he was here. He's talented but if he's to be best utilized he needs to go to a team like the Jets. And that's all making the huge assumption that he can stay healthy.

This seems to be a general consensus around here. Is he that bad catching out of the backfield?

sent from the point of no return

This seems to be a general consensus around here. Is he that bad catching out of the backfield?

sent from the point of no return

Never trusted in pass protection mainly. He never really had any drops in the season but he was never targeted either. There was one play that some consider a drop and maybe he didn't make the best move on the ball but it was also a terrible throw.

Maybe a team like the Jets or Jags could use him on basic plays but teams that run a lot of shotgun and pass first offenses he's only reducing the number of plays in the playbook.

He's fumble prone, slow, can't catch or block, and hates small children.

You and your fans should pressure the Falcons to not sign him to an offer.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom