Chris Ivory Scouting Report (1 Viewer)

USAF HART

Best Falcons Fan On SR
Reaction score
Morning SR!

With the impending departure of Michael Turner, I believe the Falcons will be looking at all avenues to get another RB in Atlanta soon. Chris Ivory has been brought up (by me and other Falcons fans) because of his size and speed. I was wondering what you guys thought of Ivory. Is he for sure going to be able to test free agency, or will the Saints bring him back? What are the Pros and Cons about Ivory?

He's a restricted free agent, we'll put a first round tender on him and match any offers.

He's a beast and I hope we keep him but on the downside he runs so hard,he gets injured ALOT.

Ivory should hold out if the Saints tendered. Either let me play or let me go.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

He's a restricted free agent, we'll put a first round tender on him and match any offers.

LOL, no we won't.

A first round tender is way to expensive for the contract we'd be willing to give our 4th running back.

He's due to make under $500,000 this year and will walk, not without compensation that we desperately need, if he gets offered a deal.

LOL, no we won't.

A first round tender is way to expensive for the contract we'd be willing to give our 4th running back.

True, here are the new tender levels

2013 Restricted Free Agent tenders:

Level 1: 1,323,000 $ (ROFR, Right Of First Refusal))
Level 2: 1,323,000 $ or 110% of 2012 salary (Original Round Pick)
Level 3: 2,023,088 $ or 110% of 2012 salary (Second Round Pick)
Level 4: 2,878,628 $ or 110% of 2012 salary (First Round Pick)

We could tender a right of 1st refusal, but with our cap problems an offer could be made that makes it hard to match.

Hard runner. Physical. Good speed. Can hit the home run if he gets to the 2nd level. Can go between the tackles or outside. Good at breaking tackles. Not a good pass catcher. OK in pass protection. Has a history of hamstring problems.

As fans we are selfish and we want Ivory to stay. I'm sure that he will be actively searching for a way out of New Orleans. The guy has too much talent to just sit on the bench. We'll get compensation, but I'm sure he won't be in New Orleans come training camp. That being said there is no way he gets dealt in division.

I really don't want the Falcons to draft a RB in the early rounds, and would rather address that issue in free agency. I really like Ivory, but if the RFA tag is too high, I don't want the Falcons to pick him up. I didn't know that he was a RFA. That kind of throws a wrench into everything..

I expect them to put at least a 2nd round tender offer on him.

He's going to get some interest and its just $700,000 more. Especially if you end up making a deal with another team for less than a 2nd and don't intend to pay it anyway.

I have a feeling though that Coach has plans for him and wants to keep him.

A 2nd round tender would be fine by me. If a team wants to get him, let them pay, especially if that team is the failcons.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom